Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Space saving items- toilet/sink combos, corner sinks/toilets, etc

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    We could set up houses/apartments like this with more dorm-styled tiny living furniture!! I thought the items below would be perfect additions to the game. 0e41aaff760cd623e1a5dbbf8e60c023.jpg

l-shaped-loft-bed-dorm-room-ideas-lofted-bed-unique-33-inspirational-collectionlist-durch-l-shaped-loft-bed.jpg
    5dab0f13c73538267da3d1550483ba61--college-room-college-life.jpg
    nowak-study-l-shape-computer-desk-with-bookcase.jpg
    MX-JIB1080-2.jpg?v-cache=1463822417
    51%2B8F8Sqt-L.jpg
    aranza-twin-over-full-l-shaped-bunk-bed-with-drawers-and-shelves.jpg

5e6bc772ec6e143faa000c81_25%20c.jpg
    corner-loft-bunk-beds.jpg?s=pi
    l-shaped-bunkbeds-4.jpg?s=pi
    SC1915_Dormify_4362_700x.jpg?v=1558555911
    cool-dorm-bedroom.jpg
    51PJEFWAcgL_2000x.jpg?v=1567366579
    tiny-house-dog-crate.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!!
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Those would all be great! I especially like the gray loft bed with the shelves and drawers. It's the closest I've seen to what my brother had as a child-- only the bottom bed was smaller and the chest of drawers was on the between the bed and the ladder and on the side there was a closet. There were shelves underneath the upper bunk along side the lower bed that could work like a night stand.
  • Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    @Gingasnap27 I tried to design something like that a year ago. I has limited success for some obvious reasons but EA made the ability to properly make loft in homes and gave use ladders, more adjustable stairs, and the like (lost some train of thought), It would definitely help me out.
  • Options
    Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    @MarmaladeJade I thought it wasn't possible to have the two different floor heights currently...
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I think different floor heights require stairs.

Another thing I thought of: Functioning wall mount microwaves. Even ones that go under wall cabinets or ones that sit on a shelf with adjustable height. Slots on top of the microwave (and other appliances) would be nice for storing stuff. In my real kitchen, we put some stuff on top of the fridge & upright freezer.

An upright freezer would be a cool idea too. A chest freezer as well. It could keep stuff fresh longer.

I'm also throwing in for under-counter mini-fridges. I know there are ones from mods, but it would be nice to have them from EA.
  • Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    edited March 2020
    @MarmaladeJade I thought it wasn't possible to have the two different floor heights currently...

For this lot, I added a second floor, made a wall in the middle to divide the room, deleted the floor for half of the second floor, and set up a fence on the dividing wall. I am not sure I can do all of that again since I did this before they revamped Build Mode. I don't cheat for builds. Also, please excuse the simplistic way I said all of that. Building lots is not my main thing.
  • Options
    MinakieMinakie Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been waiting for a Tiny House expansion ever since I played TS2 and I am even more disappointed with it then I was with the Pets expansion. Tiny house living is all about finding creative out-of-the-box ways to optimize your space, and (apart from the murphy bed) I feel like EA pretty much failed at delivering that. There is no toilet-sink combo, no composting toilet, no foldable tables/chairs/doors, no wall-mounted desks, no sofa-beds or bunk beds, no bed/sofa storage, no ladders, no under the stairs/floor storage, no column bookshelves, no corner furniture, etc.
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2020
    Minakie wrote: »
    I've been waiting for a Tiny House expansion ever since I played TS2 and I am even more disappointed with it then I was with the Pets expansion. Tiny house living is all about finding creative out-of-the-box ways to optimize your space, and (apart from the murphy bed) I feel like EA pretty much failed at delivering that. There is no toilet-sink combo, no composting toilet, no foldable tables/chairs/doors, no wall-mounted desks, no sofa-beds or bunk beds, no bed/sofa storage, no ladders, no under the stairs/floor storage, no column bookshelves, no corner furniture, etc.

I felt the same way. The only benefit I have from it is the style of the build/buy items (which, of course, is subjective), and the "Tiny/Micro Home" lot buffs. I think those buffs are a cool tweak to gameplay.

But I definitely (ignorantly) anticipated toilet-sink combos and more space-saving items. We do finally have ladders now, though, heh... :neutral:

I would be very curious to know what you mean by "more storage spaces." What would you store in there that would affect gameplay?
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    CAMFAM2018CAMFAM2018 Posts: 23 Member
    I would really like to see the ability for more compact spaces like cupboards and rooms under stairs. So glad there are ladders now!
    I also wish more Build Mode objects could have items placed on top of them. Like if I wanted to place a TV on top of a dresser or put a flower on the back of a toilet! I really like decorating with tiny trinkets and clutter objects, so more surfaces available for decor would be great!😊
    😻CAMFAM2018
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I still miss the all-in-one bathroom from the
    Sims 3. I hope eventually they will put it in Sims 4.