Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The mirror game weirdness

So I'm constantly modding my socials in the game, taking ones out of the menu I'm sick of (like brighten day, heartfelt compliment, etc) and making ones that don't normally work for my sim, work. One that I did was the mirror game, which is an interaction you are supposed to be able to do with your clone (from magic). It was fun for a while but pretty soon every sim was doing it over and over, so I changed it so that only servos can do it together. That works pretty well, and looks cool. But the strange thing is, my two alien gals that live in town do it together autonomously, too, even though I can't find any coding that says they can. I like it; it's the sort of stuff aliens should be doing, it's just weird they can, is all.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Please make these social mods available! I have been dying for a mod that removes all of the vampire socials for example from the pie menu.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited January 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Please make these social mods available! I have been dying for a mod that removes all of the vampire socials for example from the pie menu.

I'd love to, but it simply isn't worth it to me. People are constantly looking for updates for your mods on whatever site you put them on, since there are constantly updates to the game. I put a few on Mod the Sims a few years ago, but it became clear I wasn't going to want to keep up with it. It's different when it's your own game; I've got a great idea what's been modified, and if I have a problem after an update, THEN I go out and look for the likely culprit, as opposed to updating them all every time a patch comes out (in other words, my playing is beta testing). And a few minutes later it's done.

But modding socials out of the pie menu is pretty simple, at least the way I do it. If you take out the ages they are aimed at (usually adults with vampires) they won't show up anymore (deleting lines is the simplest way of modding something). I have 38 things that I've removed right now, and I don't miss them. There are SO many in the game that just get buried under the usual ones.

Edit P.S.-I really respect the modders out there that take the time to keep all their stuff updated and available. Gotta be a huge task for people like Littlemssam, for example.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    If you ever want to try it, For enthuse about vampires for example, you simply go down and change this:

<V t="sim_info">
    <U n="sim_info">
    <V n="ages" t="specified">
    <L n="specified">
    <E>CHILD</E>
    <E>TEEN</E>
    <E>YOUNGADULT</E>
    <E>ADULT</E>
    <E>ELDER</E>
    </L>
    </V>
    <V n="species" t="specified">