Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, I don't get student loans

I finished college, went into debt (because I wanted to) and have been out of college for four days. I've already gotten five phone calls about payments, made one every time, and they just keep calling back. The last one I made a payment, and three hours later they are calling again. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, no days I'm supposed to make a payment, just every flippin' time they call. Why isn't there simply a bill in the mail, like the household ones, followed by nasty calls if you don't make your payment? This just seems stupid, and just when I'd finally had a reasonably fun experience with the college thing.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yea they should’ve made it so your student loans are due once a week like a regular bill or whatever. And you get a period of time to pay it but if you don’t that’s when you start getting phone calls about it.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I more or less solved it; I'd already installed the "Sim City Loans" mod to maybe use to buy a house, but instead (at least for now) I borrowed enough to pay the student loan off. At least the mod's payment plan seems to make some sense.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    I more or less solved it; I'd already installed the "Sim City Loans" mod to maybe use to buy a house, but instead (at least for now) I borrowed enough to pay the student loan off. At least the mod's payment plan seems to make some sense.

That's true. The tense moodlet is a nice touch.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2020
    James Turner is trying so hard to make a Let's Play where he has to pay off student loans but they never work correctly, he pays and they come and collect his stuff anyway. They call him multiple times as well, they even call his sims when they are at work so he can't pay.

I'm staying away from the student loan system, I knew Maxis was gonna mess it up.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    logion wrote: »
    James Turner is trying so hard to make a Let's Play where he has to pay off student loans but they never work correctly, he pays and they come and collect his stuff anyway. They call him multiple times as well, they even call his sims when they are at work so he can't pay.

I'm staying away from the student loan system, I knew Maxis was gonna mess it up.

It's really bizarre how they have a bills system that works pretty much all the time, but instead of just cloning it for loans, they do something goofy. But yet when something calls for originality, they just clone something that was mediocre at best to begin with instead of revamping it.