Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bookcases

With the new bookcases it seems every time I redecorate I get all the preselected books, I have to go in and delete the ones I don't want. I would like to be able to just buy the books I want, ie:childrens books when I have a kid, and the skill books, and what books I need for Uni.

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    With the new bookcases it seems every time I redecorate I get all the preselected books, I have to go in and delete the ones I don't want. I would like to be able to just buy the books I want, ie:childrens books when I have a kid, and the skill books, and what books I need for Uni.

I feel the same and I miss this from Sims 3 where I can go shop for what I want even though bookcases in Sims 3 was prestocked as well if I remember. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I have one of the new combo TV/Bookcase/Stereo, along with my previous comment I wish they would allow me (the player) to deside weather I want to turn the TV or Stereo on, she keeps going to bed and waking right back up because the music is on AGAIN !!!!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes, I wish when we buy a new bookcase that is totally empty. I hate seeing the same books every single time and having to delete them.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited January 2020
    I always empty the bookcases when I buy them since I prefer to choose the books that my Sims own.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I would love to be able to buy all the books that are available in the game from the bookcase. I didn't know there were special books found in other places, like in the curio shop in Strangerville, that was a fun find, but I'd still like to see them for sale :)
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Completely agree, and I also wish there were options for, like, thematically stocked bookcases? Or maybe just that there was an easy way to stock bookshelves on public lots. I'd like to be able to build, say, a research library with advanced skill and study books, or have a science club house with specifically science themed books, that kind of thing. As it is, I have to have my sim go to the place in question, purchase all the books themselves, then maybe use money cheats to reimburse them, and then drag all the books into the bookshelf, and after all that, there will still be those pre set of basic books that might not fit the theme at all! So then I have to do more work to get rid of those!

Honestly, books/bookshelves could really use an overhaul/expansion, to point that I wouldn't mind some kind of library pack lol.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited February 2020
    I agree, and same with the toy boxes that come prestocked with toys