Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else want an Ice Cream parlor?

redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
edited February 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I for one would love the an old style looking Ice Cream Parlor.

I would like these ice cream Flavors
  • Blue Raspberry Sherbet
  • Butter Pecan
  • Chocolate
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Green Tea
  • Mango
  • Maple Walnut
  • Mint Chocolate Chip
  • Neapolitan
  • Pistachio
  • Rainbow Sherbet
  • Raspberry Sorbet
  • Rocky Road
  • Strawberry
  • Tutti Frutti
  • Vanilla Bean

Ice-cream.jpg

I would like these Ice Cream Treats
  • Bananas Splits
  • Brownie Sundaes
  • Fruit Pops
  • Ice Cream Bars
  • Ice Cream Cakes
  • Ice Cream Sandwiches
  • Root Beer Float
  • Shakes & Malts
  • Sundaes
  • Snow Cones

banana+split.jpg

Aesthetically I would like the theme to be old fashioned with with the decor being circa 1890- 1910 or 1950's

I would like these objects
  • Front window with an ice cream theme
  • Business Front door to match
  • Booth seat in appropriate colors
  • Ice Cream Case
  • Themed awnings
  • Commercial Waffle cone maker
  • Appropriate signage
  • Shake Mixer
  • Counter stool
  • Counter with marble top

87192299963f1ba6178b01efe6ab8207.jpg

ice-cream-parlor.jpg

latest?cb=20130707235937

“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
Post edited by redrogue60 on

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I could see this making a fun addition.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I made a restaurant with Dine Out that serves the ice cream from Cool Kitchen Stuff.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I made a restaurant with Dine Out that serves the ice cream from Cool Kitchen Stuff.

Same, it looks like a 1950s malt shop.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Ice cream is one of my favorite foods, so yes!

I have been brainstorming an ice cream shop/tabletop board game cafe type of build for my game but I don't have Dine Out so I've been putting off actually building it. But this is the kind of content that I would buy. :D
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Only if it's a free add on to those with Cool Kitchen.
  • Options
    hrowanspencerhrowanspencer Posts: 3 New Member
    This is such a great idea. I especially love the notion of a 1950’s themed parlour. I’d love to see this in-game!
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    That would be great!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I love this! I think it would be fantastic! Perhaps it would make a good addition for a decade-themed stuff pack.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Only if it's a free add on to those with Cool Kitchen.

Yes, yes and yes.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I would love an ice cream shop, as well as a candy shop. So much potential there.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Never been to an Ice Cream Parlor before but my goodness it looks lovely! Would love to make one in game xx
  • Options
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    I would love an ice cream shop, as well as a candy shop. So much potential there.

I really want a candy shop as well
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I for one would love the an old style looking Ice Cream Parlor.

I would like these ice cream Flavors
    • Blue Raspberry Sherbet
    • Butter Pecan
    • Chocolate
    • Cookies and Cream
    • Green Tea
    • Mango
    • Maple Walnut
    • Mint Chocolate Chip
    • Neapolitan
    • Pistachio
    • Rainbow Sherbet
    • Raspberry Sorbet
    • Rocky Road
    • Strawberry
    • Tutti Frutti
    • Vanilla Bean

Ice-cream.jpg

I would like these Ice Cream Treats
    • Bananas Splits
    • Brownie Sundaes
    • Fruit Pops
    • Ice Cream Bars
    • Ice Cream Sandwiches
    • Shakes & Malts
    • Sundaes
    • Snow Cones

Aesthetically I would like the theme to be old fashioned with with the decor being circa 1890- 1910 or 1950's

I would like these objects
    • Front window with an ice cream theme
    • Business Front door to match
    • Booth seat in appropriate colors
    • Ice Cream Case
    • Themed awnings
    • Commercial Waffle cone maker
    • Appropriate signage
    • Shake Mixer
    • Counter stool
    • Counter with marble top

87192299963f1ba6178b01efe6ab8207.jpg

plum.gif

ice-cream-parlor.jpg

latest?cb=20130707235937

I would love one.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I was also thinking by having the Ice Cream Parlor in the mix it would mean we would get the lot designation and maybe a lot trait or two. Plus I figured if they gave us a parlor we might also get a candy store or a chocolatier.
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yessssssssssss!!!!! <3<3<3
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2020
    Would be cool, but we already have a whole Stuff Pack about an ice cream machine and everyone would be angry over the devs for holding content to add later in another pack.
    Also, I think you can make an ice cream parlor with Dine Out, you just don't need to be the owner and set only ice cream stuff to be buyable.
    We would only be lacking a couple of ice cream parlor inspired build and buy items, but its not going to be a problem once they release Katy Perry Sweet Treats 2.0 SP. haha
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Karon wrote: »
    Would be cool, but we already have a whole Stuff Pack about an ice cream machine and everyone would be angry over the devs for holding content to add later in another pack.
    Also, I think you can make an ice cream parlor with Dine Out, you just don't need to be the owner and set only ice cream stuff to be buyable.
    We would only be lacking a couple of ice cream parlor inspired build and buy items, but its not going to be a problem once they release Katy Perry Sweet Treats 2.0 SP. haha

I doubt that they'll make another Katy Perry thing. I don't think she's all that huge right now. Also I only think that a few people would have gotten their knickers in a twist. I have all the packs and would not have gotten upset with this.

I think the key is that they would have to give us really compelling new items like the Ice Cream Case, Mixer, and the suggested build items and probably a "commercial" version of the Ice Cream Maker, new recipes, lot designation, and probably a Lot trait or two. Also like I said before it could be as apart of a SP with Candy Store items and I think that would more than smooth it over.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited February 2020
    DQ Malt Shop Please!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've made ice cream parlours with the Dine Out + Kitchen Stuff combo. They work absolutely fine.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I've made ice cream parlours with the Dine Out + Kitchen Stuff combo. They work absolutely fine.

I think what the OP is asking for here though is something like a bar, that an NPC works at that contains ice creams and toppings. Not something they have to try to create themselves. We aren't likely to get it, but it's a nice idea that can be talked about. That's what the ideas corner is for.

I like the idea of having it be a candy shop too. There could be a fudge making station. I've been to shops when they were making fudge, it's pretty cool. They could even use one table (since they like to do that sort of thing) and have them be able to do ice cream stir ins or fudge with it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    lisamwitt wrote: »

I think what the OP is asking for here though is something like a bar, that an NPC works at that contains ice creams and toppings. Not something they have to try to create themselves. We aren't likely to get it, but it's a nice idea that can be talked about. That's what the ideas corner is for.

I like the idea of having it be a candy shop too. There could be a fudge making station. I've been to shops when they were making fudge, it's pretty cool. They could even use one table (since they like to do that sort of thing) and have them be able to do ice cream stir ins or fudge with it.

You get me. However I was thinking the candy shop be a separate place but with much the same architectural vibe. Truth be told I just want new community venues. I don't get why anyone wouldn't want a commercial version of the at home Ice Cream maker with all the trapping of a beautifully made store.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'd love to see one.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    I used to work as an ice cream scooper (first real life job) and I loved it. I think this would be super fun for the sims, especially on summery hot days and for kids birthday parties or date nights! I do agree that you can essentially make a restaurant with the Cool Kitchen Stuff pack as someone else mentioned, but I do get that it doesn't have all the theme-ing that you're wanting.
  • Options
    peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    > @redrogue60 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I really want a candy shop as well

Yeeeees! I always wanted to make a carnival for my sims to go to (Carnival Pack, pleeeease?) and when you say candy shop I think COTTON CANDY! And of course having ice cream at a carnival would also be a great thing.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Frankly, with Sims 4 for PC including Cool Kitchen Stuff, I miss a kind of table to which topping and garnishes are great for which favors of ice cream.

According to https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Ice_cream_maker, the ice cream maker of Cool Kitchen Stuff comes with 30 favors, 8 toppings and 10 garnishes depending of the ice making skills of the sims. Any combination can be served in bowls or waffles.