Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Research paper was terrible even with high skills

How high does your Research and Debate skill have to do to get write a research paper and have it be "terrible" or "okay" according to the game?

My sim wrote one on Charisma; she is at level 9 and at level 8 for Research and Debate. Does it have to be level 10?

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have much to do with skill, but rather how much you edit and revise the paper.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    AFAIK the first draft will always be set as Poor. If you edit it, it should jump up to Excellent. Similar deal with the presentations, they'll always start as Poor and can be refined twice. When you get a message saying something like '(Sim) can't improve this project any more, but continuing to work on it will help boost their grade', you can submit it (or keep working on it for extra performance in the class, if you're doing badly).
  • Options
    AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    It's not the research papers for classes, but the ones you make money from.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Oh right, sorry. I haven't done any of those, unfortunately, sorry! Do you have any options to edit those?
  • Options
    xx8lobo8xxxx8lobo8xx Posts: 23 Member
    I think you're on to something here though, Sims with a high writing, research/debate, even logic maybe should have their default paper quality set higher than "poor"
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Does it include writing skill in what affects its quality?
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    You also need Writing skill, I believe.