Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many saves do you have/play?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Hmm let's see.
    One for my history legacy challenge
    One for my 100 baby challenge
    One for my Immortal super sims
    Two for my regular vamps
    One with no cc

6!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2020
    Most I have had at a time was 21 and I had a bunch of bugs, so I may have overwhelmed SimGuruNick with my bug report and save files. I had to remove a few because I had objects glitch the road that killed the save and incest corrupt a few save files in 2015.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I have two.
    My main save with all my regularly played households and a second one from 1800 something, which I don't play so often.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I think I have 7 or 8 saves in total, but most of them are a connected storyline that follow the same sim families and friends through their life stages or milestones:

1. High School Days
    2. University Years
    3. The Silent Years
    4. Young Adulthood
    5. Return of the Ex
    6. New Beginnings
    7. Double Trouble
    8. The Next Generation

Then there are two separate stories:

9. Desert Dwellers
    10. Land of the Occult

Well, that’s more saves than I thought...
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think I'm at 12 now. One is an aging/rotational play with a huge 7 generations family with a lot of branches. One is for building and play testing. One is the save to start all new saves with a lot of lots either re-built, added or fine tuned to my liking. The rest are all different challenges (100 baby, 7 toddler etc).
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I have just one main save that I played ever since game release. I make new copy saves of it for backup, so my saved games folder is pretty full, still. I use a year count in my game, so I try to delete all back up saves except those from a year ending with "0". Those old saves were useful when I wanted to go back to check stuff or take a photo of a long gone resident, etc. But guess I should let go off the majority of them.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I have three saves right now, but one main save for my main household that I have been playing since I started playing TS4. The second is a backup for my main save and the third is for when I'm in the mood for something different.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    8 saves, but only 3 really get played.

Rotational save + two Save_as versions in case something goes wrong or corrupts
    Template save (for starting new games, townies already made over etc.)
    Challenge save (currently university themed)
    Storytelling save (picture taking only)

The debris (not touched since 2017, want to continue them "sometime"):
    An unfinished legacy
    A finished Settler Challenge
  • Options
    IM_LOONYIM_LOONY Posts: 3 New Member
    I am currently playing three.
    But my saves (and expansion packs) didn't cross over when I got a new computer.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited January 2020
    I have just one main save that I played ever since game release. I make new copy saves of it for backup, so my saved games folder is pretty full, still. I use a year count in my game, so I try to delete all back up saves except those from a year ending with "0". Those old saves were useful when I wanted to go back to check stuff or take a photo of a long gone resident, etc. But guess I should let go off the majority of them.

I'm pretty much the same as this. One main big save that has been on-going and copied to new saves as it goes on.

I have a couple of other little ones, but I don't even know the last time I loaded up anything but my main save.

I have a build save that I will use for building and it has every original household and lot removed from it.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have one main save that is rotational and full. It dates back to about late 2016. I joined right around when CL came out and this was the save I've played since then. I've done "Save As" a few times when I needed to. As I've mentioned on here, it turned into a big rotation.

I'm still interested in it and in seeing where it goes. It's possible that I could add another save or two at some point but I find my main save to be pretty involved and mostly entertaining.

Setting up new saves might be a bit complicated because I might kick out basically all of the pre-mades to avoid repetitiveness. It's possible that I could have a historic save and a supernatural save. My main save is just a modern rotation that follows descendants of a random original sim I made and all of these other characters who moved into the town. I'm pretty attached to the various sims that were born in my game or that integrated into my rotation. My save is getting pretty big though so maybe I would add a different concept in another save.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.