Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else have some minor strange routing issues after Tiny Living?

Like why can't my sim walk past his dresser and the bed (first screenshot)? I had the other new dresser there at first, so I thought it might be that but it isn't. Similarly, I'm having issues placing anything at all next to a fence - like the grill in the second screenshot below. I'm almost sure this wasn't a problem before? Kinda glad I am playtesting the lot before uploading, and maybe it's always been like this but I didn't try to build this small before ... still, I find the bedroom quite huge already for so-called tiny living, I'm not in the mood to make it any larger.

Anyone else?

az0u3Hn.png
mcThZLs.png

Comments

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Not sure about the dresser but the pole is blocking the grill. Not the fence. That is something that drives me nuts. Especially on covered porches.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Thanks @JACKIEJOY thanks for responding :) I just tried removing the pole but it still doesn't work - or can't we place anything in the corner of fenced areas? I somehow really don't remember - but yeah it's annoying as hell, pole or not :(

And in the bedroom, I can't place any one-tile object in front of the bed if it has an "action area" between the bed and its tile - even though I'm pretty sure this wasn't an issue before since I've made bedrooms that were exactly like this. xD Argh, this is driving me crazy.

vrLWGrV.png
  • Options
    * so this works:
    vZWpJvC.png

this doesn't:
    Qttazqt.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited January 2020
    The bed is 3 and the dresser is 1. There's just no room left even if it looks so because they don't occupy the whole tiles. I don't use MOO but pretty sure I couldn't place a dresser like that before either. No idea if it worked with cheats and still allowed sims to walk through. On the second pic I think it's actually the grill. It opens up so it needs a little bit space behind it too. Try a different grill?
  • Options
    Meh it's possible, I might have imagined it and maybe it always worked like this :D Anywho, I changed the layout. Not exactly how I wanted it to be but whatever, it's fine. The tiny living family home is done! :)

Thanks @musteni :)
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    edited January 2020
    *wrong thread*
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    @SimTrippy , if you use the murphy bed you can place a dresser at the end of the bed. I placed a murphy bed in a 3x4 room with the bed centered on the 3 tile wall and I placed the tall dresser from TL. I had my sim put the bed down and then told her to walk to the other side of the bed, which she did. I tested with the other TL dresser, the one tile from DU and a base game dresser also. They all worked with the murphy bed. With regular beds and all dressers in within 4 tiles, rout fail every time. BTW, you can place the hanging tv combo the same way (within 4 tiles) and still have sims get around the murphy bed when it is open.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I couldn't place a dresser like that after the last patch. I don't know if it has always been this way or I am just noticing it. Strange.
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 yeah I find it weird as well. I feel I've made rooms smaller than this that didn't have this issue. If the sim can walk on the sides of the bed, in my mind, he shouldn't have an issue walking in front of it either as the space is actually larger.