Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance Festival

If your sim has a GF/BF do they ever get invited to this festival by them, or is it always just a random friend they have? I don't think any of my sims have ever been invited by anyone they're dating.

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Sometimes they do. But they mostly get invited by their friends or even mere acquaintences.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    My sims usually get asked to romance festival by their partner. But I usually don't have them make many friends so it could just be that it's due to a lack of choice...
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    It's usually a notification that it's going on and if one of my Sims has a BF/GF I usually invite them to go and if a random friend shows up later, so be it.

This is one of my least favourite festivals as either my single, young adult Sim will go along only to find the entire festival is populated by adult townies who are either a) already married b) freakishly dressed or c) a bad combination of erratic/evil and hot headed. I suppose that reflects real life speed dating....

If a couple go then I have to watch them like a hawk! What should be a nice, romantic evening out for them to get their romance going can soon turn into a flirt-fest with all kinds of random townies. Cue anger, a drop in romance and friendship levels and a huge amount of relationship repairs afterwards. I try to stomp on any interaction with Townies if I want my couple to have a successful night out.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I do hate how so many of the townies just flirt with anyone they see, it does make it hard. I usually take a violin with my single sim, have her buy her swag and shirt, eat a food she hasnt learned yet, talk to the guru, harvest plants and then play her violin so random folks that i do not choose for her to be flirted with cannot do so. They should fix it where they will only flirt with those they are married to unless that sim is actually trying to be a bad sim
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    The Romance Festival is a marriage-breaker.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I have a theory that the game unintentionally gives you a stalker of sorts in the form of the Sim you first make contact with. Johnny Zest as one of the most likely Welcome Wagon candidates is a great example. Anyway, this Sim seems to be the one constantly ringing up to invite out. Festivals included.

Random side question; but somewhat related to the topic at hand: Can Sims just get “spur of the moment” married at the Romance Festival or do they need to be engaged first?