Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone tell me where this hair is from? (Solved)

ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
I have a hair in my game that is not showing up in CAS at all. I have no idea where it came from.

peCNMq8.png

5FXRHm5.png

sesQ77J.png

I've taken the masculine tag off and still can't locate the hairstyle. It seems to be nowhere, but it's clearly in my game.
p8L4V6v.png
Post edited by ChelleJo on

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited December 2019
    That's an 18th century hair style that is part of the Acting Career.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

@GalacticGal Ah, okay. Thanks. Any idea why it's not showing up in my CAS?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I think it is in the sort with the costume hats but am not 100% sure.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited December 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »

@ChelleJo

Because it's from the acting career, it's probably a hidden CAS item.
    There are a lot of hidden items, usually career-based. When a Sim gets promoted in their job, these items will start to unlock and appear in CAS (though not always the case, for some reason), but it'll only be for the Sim in question.

Unfortunately, Sims can randomly generate with these locked items, which is why you may see some Sims wearing things that you never see when you're in CAS.

I don't know of any cheats to unlock CAS items. I know there's one to unlock career-based Build/Buy objects (bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement), but I don't think that applies to the CAS ones.

Otherwise, there are lots of mods that unlock the things in CAS, if you aren't opposed to using those.

This one was last updated for ROM, by the looks of it: https://fogity.wordpress.com/mods/unlocked-cas-parts/
  • Options

@ChelleJo

There are a lot of hidden items, usually career-based. When a Sim gets promoted in their job, these items will start to unlock and appear in CAS (though not always the case, for some reason), but it'll only be for the Sim in question.

Unfortunately, Sims can randomly generate with these locked items, which is why you may see some Sims wearing things that you never see when you're in CAS.

I don't know of any cheats to unlock CAS items. I know there's one to unlock career-based Build/Buy objects (bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement), but I don't think that applies to the CAS ones.

Otherwise, there are lots of mods that unlock the things in CAS, if you aren't opposed to using those.

This one was last updated for ROM, by the looks of it: https://fogity.wordpress.com/mods/unlocked-cas-parts/

@DevilNDisguise Ahh, that makes total sense! Thank you. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2019

@ChelleJo

Explains why a lot of situational outfits looks like the usual fashion disasters on the almost 200 sims i've gone through to set their outfits on. i'm trying to get MC to do away with those situational outfits because they look really ugly.

Just recently in one of countless sims, Brytani Cho showed up with half a clown outfit on and a skirt on the other half with long gloves that run up the arms. I haven't seen this much horror in a while!
  • Options
    Hoverael wrote: »

@ChelleJo

Explains why a lot of situational outfits looks like the usual fashion disasters on the almost 200 sims i've gone through to set their outfits on. i'm trying to get MC to do away with those situational outfits because they look really ugly.

Just recently in one of countless sims, Brytani Cho showed up with half a clown outfit on and a skirt on the other half with long gloves that run up the arms. I haven't seen this much horror in a while!

@Hoverael Completely off topic (but since it's my thread I figure I can do that lol)... this does remind me of the time in my save that Brytani Cho showed up in my sims neighborhood, in Oasis Springs, nekkid. I thought nothing of it. Figured she just glitched or whatever. I used MCCC to put her in her hot clothing. And seen her two other times walking through our neighborhood in the buff again. I think that Brytani is a wild one. :D:D

But, I do use MCCC to stop the situational outfits. Sadly, there are a couple of situations that MCCC doesn't offer settings for. ROM being one, off the top of my head.
    p8L4V6v.png