Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hints, hints and more hints: Are babies about to be improved?!

Was it me or was that little exaggeration about babies not being objects strike fellow simmers as...a bit of a tease?

Before the "It was just a joke" comments appear, lets throwback to the sneak announcement of toddlers into the game: remember when an apparent 'Gift' for a staff member got posted and it was a sim version photo of him, his wife and their TODDLER daughter, but of course, they denied it being a confirmation for a toddlers announcement with their dying breath until a surprise baseball upside the head update realise some time later.

As we all know, EA/Sim staff are extremely...I don't want to say bad, but, not well skilled in the art of hinting about upcoming content, even when it's a secret we pretty much know isn't a secret but...yeah.

All I'm saying is, they're working on babies and either someone tried to be funny or higher-ups were like "Hint but don't hint, we can't let them know whats coming but let them know anyway!"

It doesn't make sense, does it? EXACTLY!

If this is a secret announcement, how do you feel about it and the way thing content is being released, new wise?

Are you excited? Annoyed? hoping for certain items or just plain not bothered but happy for anyone obsessed with realistic gameplay?

Personally, I'm excited, but also very aware that EA likes to throw us curveballs and then deny themselves all the way to Egypt and back (The river, denial, get it?), so, I'm sorta excited but not expecting much but also hoping for a few items that will make babies worth being unlocked.

Yes, there could be better content being made instead, yes they could maybe instead focus on updates and repairs and the like, but some of us want babies to be free of their bassinette prisons so how about we all just agree to disagree.

I'm now gonna go, please save the sass for another time and comment below with what you think, feel and what this possible content means for your gameplay. (An again, save the sass for later)

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas/holiday and enjoy the upcoming new year. bye

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'll be honest, I'm not sure what exaggeration comment, you're referring to (I don't follow the gurus). That said, I honestly really want to be believe they're being worked on just because of how high the demand for an overhaul has been lately.

I keep thinking about the results from that march madness vote from earlier in the year. If you go back to it, you'll see that a lot of the highest ranked game-play elements have been done this year (island/mermaids, witches, university). Moving down the ranks, new gameplay for babies was in the top 8, I believe. I know they don't have to go in order, if they even bother trying to incorporate everything, but if they are, overhauled babies would be coming up on the list.

All of that said, I really hope that overhauled babies will be coming soon. I'm tired of them being locked into a bassinet with no gameplay. I want them to be able to learn to crawl, have toys they can play with, bouncers and playmats they can use, going out in a stroller, and normal cribs to sleep in.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    What comment are you talking about? Can you link it?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

"Fixed an issue in which some Sims could stand on, or walk through solid objects.
    Specifically Baby Bassinets… babies were becoming quite paranoid they weren’t actually Sims..."

It was in the Dec 12 patch notes.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2019
    "Fixed an issue in which some Sims could stand on, or walk through solid objects.
    Specifically Baby Bassinets… babies were becoming quite paranoid they weren’t actually Sims..."

It was in the Dec 12 patch notes.

Lmbo @ save the sass. 🤣Oh yeah!!! I thought this is what you were referring to in your first post. I got super excited when I read this! I honestly took this as a hint. I rarely play with babies because I hate how they are now. This would really change family play for me.

I hope we get changing stations, swing sets, baby baths, playmates, playpens, strollers, bottles. Etc

Although I really wanted these things for toddlers. Babies to me are the shortest played lifestage. I play much longer with toddlers.

And I NEED to see something crawling. If babies can't crawl let my toddlers crawl please 🙏😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just want to be able to see their needs. That's it. I don't care if we get anything else. Babies just are not interesting.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I hate the baby stage. I instantly age them up to toddler so I hope this hint is real!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    There are so many cute possibilities for babies like taking them out in a stroller, walking around with them in your arms, playing with them on the floor or the grass outside. Right now the babies are so lacking and there is so much more they could do. Imagine going for a jog with your baby in a stroller!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd rather have more content for toddlers and children. More child-based aspirations would be amazing. I would also love some teen-specific aspirations too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @Rhiannonraven I’d love for Sims to take toddler or baby for a job in the stroller!
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member

Err, that doesn't seem to me to be anything but a joke about sims walking through bassinets and making babies paranoid (and maybe a clever little nod to the fact that they ARE objects). That's a lot of reading into something. Besides, the way Maxis programs, I prefer to keep babies where they are safe. The minute these Sims are allowed to walk around with them, they'll be left in snowbanks, stolen by neighbors, dropped on the floor when something shiny distracts their parent, vanished into nowhere like plates of food when my sim gets interrupted while eating, etc...

"I keep thinking about the results from that march madness vote from earlier in the year. If you go back to it, you'll see that a lot of the highest ranked game-play elements have been done this year (island/mermaids, witches, university)."

Yeah, but all those elements were destined to happen, since they were all in packs before. Doesn't mean they are filling our wants list.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think this would be really popular. I'm not someone who pushed for it but I'd also take it as well. I end up playing with a lot of families and a lot of babies even though family play is a means to an end for me. I want the kid(s) to grow up eventually and then I play with YAs when they are older. Especially now, most of my sims are born in the game.

I'd like the option to keep them chilling out in the bassinet but some of my more "family play" oriented households would make use of this. Like pets and toddlers, it would be cute. Babies seem like an ideal subject for an SP in my opinion. I'd still probably keep them as babies for 3-4 days but it would be nice to have more options to do with them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'd love to see the babies become something more than objects again.
    Maybe they'll be more like the infants we get in Sims Freeplay? That would actually be great.
    Post edited by Magdaleena on

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    any proof of that because until proven to me it looks like a rumor and speculation thread?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I'm pretty sure that was just a joke and not a hint.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    While i wouldn't get my hopes up until something was more concrete, I would love babies to be actual Sims again. Sims 2 babies could be taken around the house, bathed and and you could change their diapers with a changing station. You could also see some of their genetics through their eyes, skin and eyebrows. Sims 4 babies look nothing like their parents and can change skin tones when they age up. And of course hardly any interactions because they're tied to the bassinet. Since toddlers came I hardly keep them around and just age them up to toddlers since they don't even feel like my Sim's child.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I had the same reaction that you did, OP. It seemed exactly the kind of 'hint' that EA would accidentally drop, on purpose.

Yet, these days, I prefer to err on the side of nope, rather than hope. That way, I am no longer disappointed by EA's lack of follow-through on most of the things that have to do with the Sims themselves.

Who knows? Now that the staple themes of the franchise have been added to TS4, perhaps the development team will finally begin to focus on fleshing out the different life stages and the Sims' personalities. That would go a long way in encouraging me to actually play the game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Who cares about the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 babies?

Especially when the sim parents don't even experience real connection with it? Or each other? Or their grown kids or teens, or their parents.....or any connection with anything?

There's more that needs fixing than carrying a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 baby around and rocking it in a chair. Jeezum crow.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Really, in TS2, I never much cared for the Baby stage, simply because the entire stage is sleep, cry, poop, cry, bathe in a sink every once in a while, and goodness help you if your fool sims carry them anywhere in the house outside of the nursery when you have autonomy on, because as soon as Mom or Dad sees something shiny, on the floor Junior goes. In short, they sucked. That's the main reason why I think that taking Babies out of the crib is really overrated. More realistic? Sure it is. However, the out-of-crib gameplay for Babies has been...lacking...in the past. So lacking, that they might as well have been objects as far as I'm concerned.

I can only get on the "Free Baby" bandwagon if I see things like Babies learning to crawl, showing personality traits (Some Babies being more fussy, others more quiet, some being giggly and smiley, others being kind of stoic...you know, because even as infants, people still have personalities. In simplistic base state, but personalities all the same.), and just basically being more active on their own as individual sims (they don't need to be as independent as Toddlers, nor should they be, but developing their skills to a place where they can crawl, sit up, hold a bottle, and other simple tasks that infants in real life can do at various points before their first birthday would be nice). Otherwise, I don't really care. If they won't be made more interesting, individual, and active, then keep them in the crib for all I care.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Really, in TS2, I never much cared for the Baby stage, simply because the entire stage is sleep, cry, poop, cry, bathe in a sink every once in a while, and goodness help you if your fool sims carry them anywhere in the house outside of the nursery when you have autonomy on, because as soon as Mom or Dad sees something shiny, on the floor Junior goes. In short, they plum. That's the main reason why I think that taking Babies out of the crib is really overrated. More realistic? Sure it is. However, the out-of-crib gameplay for Babies has been...lacking...in the past. So lacking, that they might as well have been objects as far as I'm concerned.

I can only get on the "Free Baby" bandwagon if I see things like Babies learning to crawl, showing personality traits (Some Babies being more fussy, others more quiet, some being giggly and smiley, others being kind of stoic...you know, because even as infants, people still have personalities. In simplistic base state, but personalities all the same.), and just basically being more active on their own as individual sims (they don't need to be as independent as Toddlers, nor should they be, but developing their skills to a place where they can crawl, sit up, hold a bottle, and other simple tasks that infants in real life can do at various points before their first birthday would be nice). Otherwise, I don't really care. If they won't be made more interesting, individual, and active, then keep them in the crib for all I care.

With you all the way. When it comes to fixing the bugs, glitches, and things badly done the rug rats are at the bottom of my list. There are way too many problems far too important to tend to than baby liberation.