Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is "Goodbye" suppose to do?

I had my sim tell another sim "Goodbye" cause I feel "Ask to leave" is a bit too rough and she was trying to be nice. However, the other sim won't leave til it gets to late and they want to go home. She just sat around and read a book while my sim slept. So, what is "Goodbye" actually meant to do?

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I think it's supposed to end conversation with that Sim. So if you get tired of random Sims interrupting with conversation it's kind of like a way to say, "talk to the hand", lol. I believe that's the difference between "goodbye" and "ask to leave".

So essentially, "goodbye" sends the Sim away without leaving the lot, and "ask to leave" sends the Sim away completely.

I think. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,329 Member
    I didn't think "Goodbye" really did anything other than just a roll-playing polite thing they say when someone is leaving. I'll have to test this now.

@LiELF The would be funny if mischievous Sims had a "Talk to the hand" option, lol! The person doing it has an animation of turning their head away , putting their hand up (fingers moving open and close) and saying something like "Blah blah blah". Then the other person gets dinged with a -1 friendliness and goes and does something else. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think it's supposed to end conversation with that Sim. So if you get tired of random Sims interrupting with conversation it's kind of like a way to say, "talk to the hand", lol. I believe that's the difference between "goodbye" and "ask to leave".

So essentially, "goodbye" sends the Sim away without leaving the lot, and "ask to leave" sends the Sim away completely.

I think. :D

Good point. I'll keep playing around with it and see what happens. I think it's funny the talk to the hand keeps coming up cuz since I installed university some sims walk away with a "hand stop" speech bubble. Haven't figured that one out either since a sim will randomly walk into a room, do that and just leave lol.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I didn't think "Goodbye" really did anything other than just a roll-playing polite thing they say when someone is leaving. I'll have to test this now.

@LiELF The would be funny if mischievous Sims had a "Talk to the hand" option, lol! The person doing it has an animation of turning their head away , putting their hand up (fingers moving open and close) and saying something like "Blah blah blah". Then the other person gets dinged with a -1 friendliness and goes and does something else. :D

Ha! I would love an actual "talk to the hand" interaction. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I would love when you tell them to leave if they would actually leave. :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited December 2019
    No real problems with ask to leave, better than "get out." :D

The problem I have with goodbye is during a conversation with another sim, my sim will wave and say "Goodbye" then continue to talk as if nothing happened. (Come to think of it, I have several other popups in que that are dumb.)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    No real problems with ask to leave, better than "get out." :D

The problem I have with goodbye is during a conversation with another sim, my sim will wave and say "Goodbye" then continue to talk as if nothing happened. (Come to think of it, I have several other popups in que that are dumb.)

Lol, yes! I think it's funny when a sims asks you for an outing then the second you get there they say, "It was great catching up. See you soon!" Then they stick around. Like come on man, we just got here! My only problem with "ask to leave" is the interaction. Makes your sim look annoyed or frustrated with something.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited December 2019
    The "Goobye" works better if your Sim is on another lot rather than on his home lot. I use it while in venues, my Sim is stuck in a group chat fest, and I see another Sim I want to interact with. I have my Sim say goodbye to the group then move away to talk with the target Sim. The group doesn't follow him when I say goodbye to them. I think this interaction is to allow your Sim to break off conversations with others as if he is excusing himself to do other things. It doesn't make the visiting Sim leave if you do it on your Sim's home lot.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I think I’ve only seen “Goodbye” when my Sim is talking to someone and they’re not on his home lot.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    "Ask to Leave" has them leave the lot, while "Goodbye" only has them stop talking to you.

Even though "Ask to Leave" looks aggressive, it doesn't actually effect your relationship with that sim in any way, so if you want them to leave but don't want to hurt your relationship you don't have to worry.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I wish it just looked better and I also wish there was a way to exit out of a group conversation with one Sim who wasn't nearby rather than ending all the whole group conversation by canceling it. Like if you could click on the portrait at the top of the screen and end it with just them.