Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims4 2020 whats next ?

here's what I think we will get a horse pack next followed by the stuff pack with knitting as the gameplay
we will then get cars in a pack or patch followed by a babies update and a clothing update and a super hero or farming ep
followed by one last ep for the year family or medieval not all of this stuff is things I want I could do with out farming or horses but it is what I think
will happen what do you guys think will happen in 2020 ?
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    Vanesa1118Vanesa1118 Posts: 38 Member
    What I HOPE will happen is:
    - baby update
    - cars!!
    - more vacation worlds
    - a farming expansion pack
    - Maybe some sort of generations EP or
    - hobbies and sports
    And something that i strongly hope for is
    - an event expansion pack ( add some new events like prom, dances, funural and fix the ones we already have like weddings)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited December 2019
    More arts and crafts items will always be welcome. I'd like more careers, more aspirations and more traits. I also REALLY want the fear as an emotion, along with the fear mechanism we had in Sims 2, though I imagine if it's an emotion they would have to rename the old mechanism to something else. Also, I would love whims to be revamped.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Vanesa1118 wrote: »
    What I HOPE will happen is:
    - baby update
    - cars!!
    - more vacation worlds
    - a farming expansion pack
    - Maybe some sort of generations EP or
    - hobbies and sports
    And something that i strongly hope for is
    - an event expansion pack ( add some new events like prom, dances, funural and fix the ones we already have like weddings)

I would love an event pack thats a great idea @Vanesa1118
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I already put in other threads what I hope for. But What I "think" will happen, though not in this order:

A farming pack (with the horses)
    A knitting pack
    A car pack

A paranormal pack with zombies and fear emotions included

A wearwolf pack
    A generations pack with free babies
    And a romance pack

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Dragons, obviously.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    This is what I hope will happen. I don't think it will, but here's to hoping and praying.

I hope they start the year with a baby overhaul patch, similar to how toddlers were released in early 2017. I hope it's followed by a baby stuff pack to add more for them (I assume an overhaul would focus on gameplay, so an SP could add more BB and CAS for them.)

After that, I hope they'll add cars in a patch, which will be able to have carseats for babies and toddlers.

I hope the first major EP will be a Generations pack, to add gameplay to all of the lacking life stages. Probably in summer like the past few years.

I think the second EP later on in winter will be farming since a lot of people have wanted it.

I imagine the knitting pack will be the last stuff pack of the year, coming out in winter 2020.

Not sure about any GPs, though.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I think we might get Fairies, cars, farming, baby update, and generations this year, as well as the Knitting Stuff.

Hopefully a good personality patch or Fear update too, but I don't know if those will ever come for sure.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    An expansion pack dedicated to crushing all the bugs and glitches, world sizes will be changed to region size (with a lot more new lots and default guru sims are made default in the game as well and their own houses, not to mention every world gets the upgrade) and finally the AI is completely overhauled. it is mostly a just a behind the scenes upgrade of the game to bring it up to a better standard than it is.

Now that i would pay for on a heartbeat!
    (Perhaps makes too much sense? But one is entitled to hope on the issue!)
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    An expansion pack dedicated to crushing all the bugs and glitches, world sizes will be changed to region size (with a lot more new lots and default guru sims are made default in the game as well and their own houses, not to mention every world gets the upgrade) and finally the AI is completely overhauled. it is mostly a just a behind the scenes upgrade of the game to bring it up to a better standard than it is.

Now that i would pay for on a heartbeat!
    (Perhaps makes too much sense? But one is entitled to hope on the issue!)

Crushing the bugs and glitches is something that should be done with free patches. Because Expansion pack generally means it is exclusive to those purchasing the pack. If they were going to add more lots, with the way the game is, I would say they would probably have an easier time adding 3-5 empty worlds with empty buildable lots that can be zoned any way we want, preferably with at least 15 empty lots per world like Newcrest. After all, all those new PC/console Gallery lots have to go SOMEWHERE, right? And if you are out of buildable lots in your game, new Gallery lots are useless. (One reason why I have accumulated so many different saves, each with different sets of lots!) There are at least two of my saves that have less than 5 buildable lots left, and those available only due to EPs released with new worlds since I last played them.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    If they follow the pattern of the last two years we can expect two expansions, two game packs, and one stuff pack.

We already know one stuff pack we will be getting next year: the community voted knitting SP, so we can check that off the list.

Expansion and game pack wise I think we can expect some things we haven't seen before: Farming/Country Living, Theme Park, Renaissance Fair, Dude Ranch, a new vacation destination, etc.

What I'd like to see: Farming, Generations, Hobbies, Romantic Destination (vacation or not), and Superheroes/Supervillains.
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Mentions of horses were found in the code from a patch released a few months ago. I think that's coming next! :#
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    My sim artist painted a picture of a monkey on a tree branch. Could that be a clue? I haven't seen a monkey in anything. Maybe a Zoo?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited February 2020
    I dunno. Probably free rock climbing walls, free wind chimes, free birdfeeders, free water slides, butlers, free washers/dryers, free voidcritters....

Just re-skinned for the base game and those that never bought and paid for the content. [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm also thinking and very much hoping that horses will come this year. Maybe werewolves too?
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited February 2020
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I dunno. Probably free rock climbing walls, free wind chimes, free birdfeeders, free water slides, butlers, free washers/dryers, free voidcritters....

Just re-skinned for the base game and those that never bought and paid for the content. [Removed - CM]

@fullspiral 😂😂😂😂😂
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    Well based on some of the survey's as some of mentioned Knitting/Arts and Crafts, I hope this brings more Cold-weather clothing as the variety there is lacking.

It sounds like Resorts and some kind of vacation thing is coming, which is great. When you have a lot of content locations you can travel to and explore with your Sims definitely expands the gameplay. I really miss having Egypt as a world to travel to, so something like that and maybe Mediterranean would be awesome, with exploring Tombs/Catacombs too. The idea of a Winter Resort seemed touched on too, that could be interesting with Skiing and something involving a Yeti maybe.

One of the Survey questions seemed to suggest revisiting an older release, which would be great. I loved the careers had the option to go to like Scientist with Get to Work, this goes back to traveling off-lot and how that expands the gameplay. So adding new off-lot locations for various careers would be great. City Living was also one of my favs so if more Apartments could be opened up/added that'd be fun to see and perhaps additional Festivals to the rotation, like a Concert and perhaps an Arts & Crafts Festival once that's released.

Cars would be great as long as adding a garage next to a house that has a foundation/basement is easier to do. And getting the Muscle or Classic car that can turn from a rusted junk car to something nice would be fun to have again.

Farming would be alright.. I like gardening in general and that would obviously expand on what can do with that.

Getting the other Occults would be interesting, as long as they and somewhat contained within their world. I dont really want Zombies that attack my garden every 8 nights again, but going to a world that might get to fight or interact with them might be alright.

I'd also really like to see something that makes the Teenager stage look-wise having a greater difference than Young Adult. At least with height or something.

Really though Im happy to get any new content though so I'll continue to support the game :)

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited February 2020
    fullspiral wrote: »

We gotta learn to not be sour about these things by now. :D
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited February 2020
    Patched-in Voidcritters would actually be sick, though. It's like how card games introduce more cards through expansions, or how we get new Pokemon in new games and DLC. I'd want another Voidcritter collection with 10+ brand-new monsters with their own lore. Heck, these cards have way more lore to them than any Sims 4 sim not named Vlad.

Though I'd rather we get a Voidcritter battle redo. Types shouldn't be as game-deciding as they are, otherwise training your monsters is basically worthless.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Cars and horses? Seriously? That's what you want in Sims 4?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Werewolves, I hope!

But I couldn't have predicted 2019 from February, either, so who knows? Island Living would not have been a guess. A huge package of Pride goodies - while it made my June and was totally welcome! - in a free update would not have been my guess. Spellcasters would not have been my guess. Maybe I'd have guessed University, but that might have been wishful thinking.

Big ole "who knows?" - I am prepared to be appreciatively surprised. Tiny Living was a surprise. I do want my Fuzzy Bois, though, sooner or later.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

no this is what I think will happen not what I want to happen @Admiral8Q
  • Options
    well so far my predictions were wrong tiny living was not a horse game pack
    and the hot tub was not a cas update
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2020

I don't care too much about cars but I seriously want horses. They were the one and only reason I ever played The Sims 3 (couldn't connect with the Sims in that game).
    I'd absolutely love to get horses for my birthday in February.

If they'd announce a GP next week that would at least explain a little why they were too occupied to release something for the true fans of the Sims 4 who already own all pack and have little use for another hottub.

A Romance GP would fit Valentine's Day and there are a lot of highly requested features that could come with that, like
    -chemistry system
    -cuddle in bed
    -proposal at tables
    -slow dancing
    -make out on bed

I'd be totally satisfied with such a pack as well.

I'm trying to stay optimistic.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »

I don't care too much about cars but I seriously want horses. They were the one and only reason I ever played The Sims 3 (couldn't connect with the Sims in that game).
    I'd absolutely love to get horses for my birthday in February.

If they'd announce a GP next week that would at least explain a little why they were too occupied to release something for the true fans of the Sims 4 who already own all pack and have little use for another hottub.

A Romance GP would fit Valentine's Day and there are a lot of highly requested features that could come with that, like
    -chemistry system
    -cuddle in bed
    -proposal at tables
    -slow dancing
    -make out on bed

I'd be totally satisfied with such a pack as well.

I'm trying to stay optimistic.

well hopefully we get some stuff like that slow dance is on the top of my want list
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Yes I do.