Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging per save file

One thing that is currently in the game is different aging settings (Short, Normal, and Long), however, they affect all your saves. If you have one save file where you want to have things go at one pace but have another with a different length, you have to manually change how long their age cycle is each time you play (and I dunno if that messes up how many days they have left or not, I know it did in Sims 3). I kinda want settings that'll stay relevant to each save file. In Sims 3, if you edited a season setting on the main menu, it'd be that way for any games you created, and you could edit them in each game to however you wanted.

I want something similar in Sims 4, where settings like aging and season length are save file specific (and can be set to a master default via main menu). I know it's unlikely to happen, but what do you guys think about it?
Story_Banner.png
Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Comments

• Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Currently still playing ts3 and i've found that it is the same with that game as it is with ts4. If I have a game that I put on long lifespan, then switch to a different save game that I want to have normal lifespan, I have to go in to settings and change it back between each save. As far as I know aging length has never been save file specific. Maybe ts2/ts1 was but I can't remember.

That being said it would be nice if it was. Would save me a headache or two upon realizing my sims aren't aging as fast or at all because I forgot to switch the aging settings between saves. Have done this many times.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    One thing that is currently in the game is different aging settings (Short, Normal, and Long), however, they affect all your saves. If you have one save file where you want to have things go at one pace but have another with a different length, you have to manually change how long their age cycle is each time you play (and I dunno if that messes up how many days they have left or not, I know it did in Sims 3). I kinda want settings that'll stay relevant to each save file. In Sims 3, if you edited a season setting on the main menu, it'd be that way for any games you created, and you could edit them in each game to however you wanted.

I want something similar in Sims 4, where settings like aging and season length are save file specific (and can be set to a master default via main menu). I know it's unlikely to happen, but what do you guys think about it?

Possibly I'm misunderstanding what you are saying here. While there is no "universal" setting (from the main menu) for Sims 4, in the sense that you can't open up the gameplay settings and pick what each save starts with. Whatever your last save had will be what the new save begins with. But it IS save specific. If you want long age on one save and aging off on another and normal with no free will on another, you can do that. It doesn't change for ALL saves when you change it in one save.

I have multiple age and other settings in my saves. Even different weather settings in different saves. They don't affect other saves in any fashion.
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I have multiple saves and each one with a different life span and weather setting. Maybe you should recheck your settings for each save file because I never had that problem with TS4. Unless your playing one save file and doing a rotation then you cannot change the ageing for each family.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited December 2019

Each save will start with what you set in your previous save file. You just need to go into the game settings and set it how you want when you start a new save, then the settings are saved for that particular save. I have one file on normal and one with aging off as an example.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have multiple save files and they all have different age settings that stay the same as were initially set when I open them again. If I start a brand new save, it will have the age settings of the last save file I played. Once I change it to the age setting I want for the new save, it stays that way. It's always been this way for my game since I started playing in 2014.

If your previous saves (i.e NOT a new save) age settings are changing, it must be a bug or glitch. I would suggest doing a repair on your game and see if that helps. If it doesn't help and the age settings are still changing, perhaps you need to report this on the EA Answers Headquarters site.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,742 Member
    I would be happy to see this instituted. But more than that I would like to have the ability to set Seasons for three weeks! Four is too many, so I'm making do with two weeks per season. But, yes, it would be very nice if each game save could be unique without all the hassle of remembering up front to switch things over in that particular save.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/