Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Garage

Ok, so I have to ask, on one of my middle income families I was trying to add a basic semi-detached lean-to garage extension to their home to replace their driveway and use the left over space for a nice front garden seating area.

One problem, I used foundations for the home.

Are we really not able to attach a wall to the side of a house with foundations, or is their not even some sort of concrete “ramp” option so the garage could be on the same level as the home bypassing the issue?

Comments

• Options
    jimbob0i0i0jimbob0i0i0 Posts: 134 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well the only thing I can offer is that the cars don't' need to be at ground level so if you build a garage on foundation it won't affect functionality at least...

I was hoping that the walls would be able to connect between no foundation ground and foundation ground as a change from TS2 but no joy.
  • Options
    cwd92589cwd92589 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i too would love to know the answer for this.. i have my house on a foundation with a garage and it looks really stupid because the garage needs to be on the ground so that theres not a drop off... there is no way a car could survive a drop off like that... there needs to be some sort of incline or ramp up to the foundation...

PLEASE HELP!!!
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Garages and driveways are basically useless. You can't use them, really. They're just for show.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    Garages and driveways are basically useless. You can't use them, really. They're just for show.

Eh, you mean like 99.9% of the game? :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Guess its just us 3 this bothers, breast implants seem to be the bigger priority on the forums.
  • Options
    DiedrupoDiedrupo Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2009
    pretty sure making a garage attached to a house with foundation is done the same way it was done in sims2, using the constrainFloorElevation cheat. I have yet to try this myself but am going to do so when i get home from work.

and yes, a garage is just really for show but if you set it up right, your sims will use it. they may still carpool to work but if you send them into town they will use their car.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited June 2009
    Badmagic wrote:
    Guess its just us 3 this bothers, breast implants seem to be the bigger priority on the forums.

:shock: :lol: :P :wink: Well this "sister" wants to know as well. :lol: 8)
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited June 2009
    Badmagic wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:

Send you game to EA and get your money back then, they do have a 90 day return policy. You will be much better off with a game you like.
  • Options
    DiedrupoDiedrupo Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, just finished making a house with a foundation and attached garage. This tutorial worked beautifully:

http://thesimsupply.com/videotutorials/episode11.php

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Badmagic wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:

Send you game to EA and get your money back then, they do have a 90 day return policy. You will be much better off with a game you like.
    Na, I’d rather do what Diedrupo posts and make my useless but realistic looking garage.
    Diedrupo wrote:
    Well, just finished making a house with a foundation and attached garage. This tutorial worked beautifully:

http://thesimsupply.com/videotutorials/episode11.php
    Thanks Diedrupo, that video was very helpful. :)
  • Options
    lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2009
    Exactly the way we do it in The Sims 2. Good to know and thanks for the video link!!