Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Reward Traits

I'd like to see some new rewards traits. Specifically, can we please get a "Never Thirsty" trait so that Sims don't need to drink water anymore? I would give it to all of my Sims because the water drinking drives me nuts. But please make sure it wouldn't affect the Vampires' Thirst meter because that's a completely different kind of thirst.

Although, to have some Occult-specific Rewards would be pretty awesome as well.

And I'd really love to see a "Flaws" store that gives opposite effects of the Rewards store, plus some other character quirks. I'd love to be able to take a Clumsy flaw that actually makes the Sim trip sometimes or drop things and get embarrassed. We could have Socially Awkward that provokes negative social reactions when trying to tell jokes or discuss topics, Weak Bladder, Always Hungry, Fatigued, Poor Hygiene, etc. that would make those needs decay faster, and I'd really, really love to have an "Unimpressed" Flaw that kills the decoration and good food happy buffs. And something like "Holds a Grudge" could make a Sim negatively react to any Sim they've fought or have a relationship in the red with.

These things would really add some depth to personalities, and we need that.
#Team Occult

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Also, I'd like a "Technophobe" trait or flaw to keep Sims from autonomously using computers, laptops and phones. Those objects seem to overpower everything else when it comes to autonomous object use. It would also be a really useful trait for those of us who like to have some retro households.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Adding onto the idea of the flaw store you could make it so taking a flaw gives you points so you could buy rewards. A sorta "debt" system that could be paid back later on to fix those flaws.
    LiELF wrote: »
    I just realized there are no occult rewards in this game. I remember Sims 3 having a bunch, but perhaps it's because of the whole Pick a perk system?
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'd like to see some new rewards traits. Specifically, can we please get a "Never Thirsty" trait so that Sims don't need to drink water anymore? I would give it to all of my Sims because the water drinking drives me nuts. But please make sure it wouldn't affect the Vampires' Thirst meter because that's a completely different kind of thirst.

And I'd really love to see a "Flaws" store that gives opposite effects of the Rewards store, plus some other character quirks. I'd love to be able to take a Clumsy flaw that actually makes the Sim trip sometimes or drop things and get embarrassed. We could have Socially Awkward that provokes negative social reactions when trying to tell jokes or discuss topics, Weak Bladder, Always Hungry, Fatigued, Poor Hygiene, etc. that would make those needs decay faster, and I'd really, really love to have an "Unimpressed" Flaw that kills the decoration and good food happy buffs. And something like "Holds a Grudge" could make a Sim negatively react to any Sim they've fought or have a relationship in the red with.

There's no 'thirst' need, however, so it wouldn't help. The water drinking is mostly likely a tuning bug - Sims that are just slightly hungry or in need of fun would survey the nearby objects and choose the one with the strongest attraction. It may be the result of making leftovers or cooking meals less attractive. I have autonomy turned off, so I don't have this problem - I don't know whether it comes from the sink or the fridge, since you can get water from both. Maybe the sink has a greater area of attraction or is more attractive than the fridge. Certain sinks do seem to have unnaturally large attraction areas or values in terms of where Sims choose to wash dishes or wash their hands.

I miss the 'technophobe' trait, though I wouldn't use it to prevent Sims from autonomously playing on the computer. (Again, it's not a problem since I play with autonomy off.) It would make more sense as a personality trait, since people don't suddenly become technophobes. For one thing, I would have given my Sim a backstory that made sense (they'd be outdoor enthusiasts, or artists), rather than a profession that requires a lot of computer interaction.

But, that brings us back to Sim personalities - we need more trait slots, and I like the idea of a 'negative' trait slot. There are loads that could be added that oppose the 'positive' traits we have, including some of your suggestions. ('Unimpressed' would be the opposite of the 'art lover' trait - we had something like this in previous iterations, though I can't remember what it was called. And didn't we have a 'grudge holder' trait as well?)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I'd LOVE some 'flaw' rewards!
  • Options

There's no 'thirst' need, however, so it wouldn't help. The water drinking is mostly likely a tuning bug - Sims that are just slightly hungry or in need of fun would survey the nearby objects and choose the one with the strongest attraction. It may be the result of making leftovers or cooking meals less attractive. I have autonomy turned off, so I don't have this problem - I don't know whether it comes from the sink or the fridge, since you can get water from both. Maybe the sink has a greater area of attraction or is more attractive than the fridge. Certain sinks do seem to have unnaturally large attraction areas or values in terms of where Sims choose to wash dishes or wash their hands.

I miss the 'technophobe' trait, though I wouldn't use it to prevent Sims from autonomously playing on the computer. (Again, it's not a problem since I play with autonomy off.) It would make more sense as a personality trait, since people don't suddenly become technophobes. For one thing, I would have given my Sim a backstory that made sense (they'd be outdoor enthusiasts, or artists), rather than a profession that requires a lot of computer interaction.

But, that brings us back to Sim personalities - we need more trait slots, and I like the idea of a 'negative' trait slot. There are loads that could be added that oppose the 'positive' traits we have, including some of your suggestions. ('Unimpressed' would be the opposite of the 'art lover' trait - we had something like this in previous iterations, though I can't remember what it was called. And didn't we have a 'grudge holder' trait as well?)

Sometimes there are hidden needs or traits, and I was under the impression that this was a thing for the water drinking. But regardless, I just really, really want a way to shut it down completely because I just hate it. I always play with autonomy on because I tend to play larger households, I get bored with fewer Sims, so I don't want to have to direct everything that they do. But the autonomy and object attractions drive me nuts, haha.

The reason I'm not asking specifically for Traits (though I would love more of them) is because it seems that it takes them months and months to develop one or two new ones and we get them so sparingly. I'm hoping for an overlapping new system that they can dedicate a chunk of development time to in order to make it worth adding in and it wouldn't take up one of the three Trait slots. To be honest, I kind of feel like the traits are a lost cause unless they get a decent overhaul, which I don't really see happening.

To clarify, I'm asking for a system that works similar to the Rewards store, but has the opposite effect in offering Flaws instead. Instead of the selections making the game easier or adding boosts and resistances, I'm asking that they give restrictions, cause obstacles, give more negative buffs, etc. (except for "Never Thirsty", because that could be considered a Reward.) They could be used in a way that further fine tunes personal preferences and expands on personalities a little bit. And like @Vampris said, taking a Flaw could give you more points to spend as Rewards to balance it out if the player chooses. But both would remain completely optional.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    New traits, especially flaws sound good, it would help to add more character to the sims. I would use a technophobe trait.

The one thing that stops me from purchasing rewards however is their permanent nature. I hope we will get a way to remove them as well, positive and negative traits. A sort of trait removal potion in the reward store that brings up a list with traits I bought and being able to click those away that I no longer want.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    New traits, especially flaws sound good, it would help to add more character to the sims. I would use a technophobe trait.

The one thing that stops me from purchasing rewards however is their permanent nature. I hope we will get a way to remove them as well, positive and negative traits. A sort of trait removal potion in the reward store that brings up a list with traits I bought and being able to click those away that I no longer want.

That's a really good idea for when a player decides they don't like the effect of the Reward or Flaw. Having a way to change or cancel it with a Reward potion would be useful.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    And I'd really love to see a "Flaws" store that gives opposite effects of the Rewards store.

What I'd like to see on this front is cold/heat weakness that'd make them more sensitive to that weather - it'd allow to better set up sims coming from a specific climate (such as Sulani residents not being fond of cold, for example).

The other ideas are nice as well, as is the idea for a technophobe trait (I belive it was present in TS3).
    The one thing that stops me from purchasing rewards however is their permanent nature. I hope we will get a way to remove them as well...

I believe you can remove reward traits with cheats, if that helps?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I would love more reward traits, as well as CAS traits. Flaws/quirks would be great too to give our sims more personality. I have always wanted my main sim to be sensitive to the cold - he may be a vampire, but he still likes to keep warm!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    The one thing that stops me from purchasing rewards however is their permanent nature. I hope we will get a way to remove them as well...

I believe you can remove reward traits with cheats, if that helps?

I am a bit afraid to do this with cheats. I tried to change traits before but sometimes the buffs still come after I removed a trait. So I would really like to do this through gameplay.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes! I would love something like this.
  • Options
    CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    Love the idea of flaws! Especially the awkward flaw, which could have a heavier chance of happening around a stranger, much like the loner trait appears.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yes, more reward traits for occults and your concept of flaws. I was rather disappointed at the reward system as it barely got updated with the new packs. The one reward trait I would make all my sims have in a flash would be a "SPEED UP ALL HOMEWORK and TERM PAPER" writing. :smiley:
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Also, I'd like a "Technophobe" trait or flaw to keep Sims from autonomously using computers, laptops and phones. Those objects seem to overpower everything else when it comes to autonomous object use. It would also be a really useful trait for those of us who like to have some retro households.

The other day I loaded up a premade house for the first time, and they are a wealthy family so there were like four computers in the house already when I got into the game, and as soon as I hit play and was looking around the house, all of them went straight for the computers. It was the most disheartening thing I've seen in my game I think.

Would love a whole lot trait to turn off electronics.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2020
    big yaaaaas to the flaws
    and also fears be cool as bonus traits

technophobe trait would save lives srsly

it'd also be nice to have traits so sims find things that game considers not fun to be fun because fun need is a pain and yet turning fun meter off completely is kind of extreme
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free