Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Servo enhancement data download takes forever

My servo took SEVERAL DAYS, I’m not kidding, wish I was, to download her enhancement data to be able to upgrade.

Is this a bug ? It’s so annoying and doesn’t make me want to play with more servos.

Comments

• Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    Are you just leaving your servo there offline? While the passage of time does increase the progress, it is excruciatingly slow. We're talking days, most likely. Which probably gets longer for each level, I'd assume.

To boost the the progress, let your servo live. They need to learn normal sim life. Learn new skills, build friendships, and work on their aspirations, complete whims etc. just as you would with regular sims. All those things help the progress along. Check back on your progress and you'll see the bar will have moved and you can level your servo up with the necessary parts.

I found learning skills to be the biggest boost, alongside becoming bbfs with his creator. On earlier levels, fewer skills were necessary for the progress to complete for download, and each level more were required, but it certainly wasn't too tedious of a task, it's really like making progress on any old regular sim.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I have to let my servo update non stop otherwise the data download progress bar doesn’t increase.

They should fix it and reduce the time because it’s so annoying!!
    sinra wrote: »
    Are you just leaving your servo there offline? While the passage of time does increase the progress, it is excruciatingly slow. We're talking days, most likely. Which probably gets longer for each level, I'd assume.

To boost the the progress, let your servo live. They need to learn normal sim life. Learn new skills, build friendships, and work on their aspirations, complete whims etc. just as you would with regular sims. All those things help the progress along. Check back on your progress and you'll see the bar will have moved and you can level your servo up with the necessary parts.

I found learning skills to be the biggest boost, alongside becoming bbfs with his creator. On earlier levels, fewer skills were necessary for the progress to complete for download, and each level more were required, but it certainly wasn't too tedious of a task, it's really like making progress on any old regular sim.

• Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    @Dianesims Huh. I got my first servo to level 10 in a about two sim weeks after activation, while getting him and my sim through university.

If you cancel out of the download and have your servo go learn a few skills and it doesn't increase your enhancement percentage then yeah, it's a bug. Otherwise it's working as intended. Sure, you can just leave servo stationary to download over time, but like I said before, that's going to take forever because time only increases the percentage by very little, whereas building skills and friendships increase the progress much more and significantly faster than just waiting.

I just ran a test on a new save file just in case, and the servo was activated on Sunday morning, 9am. Progress was at 0% fresh off the workstation. Right off the bat I had her chat with her creator and she obtained the charisma and comedy skills from interactions. Checking the percentage it was at 50.43%, and selecting the download option showed it was half done. I cancelled out of the download and had servo cook a meal, and upon obtaining the cooking skill I got the message that servo had enough information downloaded into her database to upgrade. I got her the materials and upgraded to level 1. The upgrade itself took 2 sim hours.

I continued to have her learn more skills, checking the enhancement progress between each skill gained and it showed a steady increase. I had her upgraded to level 2 by 11pm the same day she that was activated.

I followed the same progress while taking care of her needs between skill building and making friends. She was level 4 by Wednesday at 9pm.

In total it took one sim week to get her to level 10.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Oh I’ll try improving their skills more, thank you very much :)
    sinra wrote: »
    @Dianesims Huh. I got my first servo to level 10 in a about two sim weeks after activation, while getting him and my sim through university.

If you cancel out of the download and have your servo go learn a few skills and it doesn't increase your enhancement percentage then yeah, it's a bug. Otherwise it's working as intended. Sure, you can just leave servo stationary to download over time, but like I said before, that's going to take forever because time only increases the percentage by very little, whereas building skills and friendships increase the progress much more and significantly faster than just waiting.

I just ran a test on a new save file just in case, and the servo was activated on Sunday morning, 9am. Progress was at 0% fresh off the workstation. Right off the bat I had her chat with her creator and she obtained the charisma and comedy skills from interactions. Checking the percentage it was at 50.43%, and selecting the download option showed it was half done. I cancelled out of the download and had servo cook a meal, and upon obtaining the cooking skill I got the message that servo had enough information downloaded into her database to upgrade. I got her the materials and upgraded to level 1. The upgrade itself took 2 sim hours.

I continued to have her learn more skills, checking the enhancement progress between each skill gained and it showed a steady increase. I had her upgraded to level 2 by 11pm the same day she that was activated.

I followed the same progress while taking care of her needs between skill building and making friends. She was level 4 by Wednesday at 9pm.

In total it took one sim week to get her to level 10.

• Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Agree with @sinra - I just let mine 'live' normally and enhancement happened pretty fast. I thought the download thing was just glitched or something so I cancelled it and just let the servo be and the enhancement happened anyway.