Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some underrated features of your favorite packs?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    The bubble blower. I love it. I love how sims react to it, and how sims react to whether or not a sims succeeds or chokes on blowing the bubbles. The effects it can give to your sims depending on what type flavor you use is endlessly hilarious to me. I love how it takes sims time to get good at it, as well, and how eventually they'll start using it on their own.

Scouting. I almost always make my children sims join the scouts. (I did not like scouting in the real world.)

That water storage science container from Get to Work. The one where in the default Scientist work build it had a gnome inside. My sim's husband was killed by a vampire once, and so I put the remains inside this tube and I ended up with an urn floating inside a science tube. It was immensely stupid and it made me so happy that I could 'store' the dead spouse should his scientist husband come up with a way to revive him one day.

The Parenthood traits that young sims can earn based on their experiences and how they're raised. I love it so much.

I recently sent my sim to a spa and I'd forgotten just how legitimately relaxing the pack is. I never wanted to leave the spa.

This is silly, but I also adore the nudist lot trait. You haven't lived until you have a nudist spa and Don Lothario disrobes specifically before teaching a yoga class. Pure gold.

The aquariums. I could watch the fish swim around for ages.

The Jealous trait. It's so powerful and it's one of my favorites.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Monday wrote: »
    The bubble blower. I love it. I love how sims react to it, and how sims react to whether or not a sims succeeds or chokes on blowing the bubbles. The effects it can give to your sims depending on what type flavor you use is endlessly hilarious to me. I love how it takes sims time to get good at it, as well, and how eventually they'll start using it on their own.

The bubble blower is hilarious. I love it when their voices change :lol:

I also love the street art in City Living and commune with island spirits in Island Living.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I'd say the cloning machine from GTW and the servos from DU are some underrated features.

Also I just realised it today, but if you have a cloning machine and a servo you can actually clone him!
    No need to create all the materials again and upgrade them from scratch, you can save sooooooooo much time it's insane!
    You can have a full army of fully upgraded robots with all the skills of the first robot in SECONDS.

The cloning machine is pretty good I have never cloned a Sim yet as it's not (part of my story yet lol) but I've cloned many other things lol.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Being able to make aliens and cast with GTW it's the first time we've been able to do that in The Sims game before so I felt like it was really underrated and being able to go to work with your Sims that's the first time we've been able to do that in The Sims game before at least on that level
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    The mix master music station from Get Famous.It's unfortunately not a very in depth feature but i really enjoyed having my sim release tracks.Although,if you're signed with a record label it can get a little annoying because you have to constantly release.But it's a fun way of gaining fame.Plus,some of the tracks you release can literally get on the radio! I really wished they had developed this more,maybe together with a singer career?

I also like the private journals from Parenthood.They help with the emotional control character value.Sims can hide it,and they get angry if someone is snooping their journal.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Simstagram pet option on camera's, so useful when you want to take good pics of your cats and dogs. Instead of trying to get your sim in a good position before taking the pic, that option sets it up perfectly.
  • Options
    HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    One thing I really love is that you can use the honey from Season's bee boxes in the tea brewer to create honey tea! Which if your sim drinks this while ill (I know it works with atleast some illnesses I don't know about all of them) the tea acts as a medicine and you get a buff for using a home remedy!
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I can't say that the club system from Get Together is underrated, but... I've noticed that some people still think it's just about social fun and parties. Remember: you can do almost everything with the club system :wink:

Speaking about clubs... There is a club perk called Rally the Troops. It can keep your sims' motives up all the time. It's especially useful when studying at university. And for single parents. And for ambitious sims who make careers. And for everyone who can't brew a Potion of Plentiful Needs :wink: Creating a club and taking this perk as soon as possible is the easiest and safest way for your sim to be effective at work and skills without abandoning social life.
  • Options
    aircastle87aircastle87 Posts: 21 Member
    It’s been mentioned but the City Living food stalls. I love that they get embarrassed when they can’t use chopsticks at first and can’t handle the spicy food and then the more you do your sim gets a trait. Also that they learn the recipe from eating it. Also also pufferfish nigiri for its killing powers.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2020
    This is from Get Together: I really like that you can influence sims to "hookup" with another sim. If they like the sim, they'll start dating. You can also "Talk up" a sim and improve that sim's relationship with another sim. I also love being able to trash talk other sims. And, if you trash talk someone else who is in the same room, the sim you are talking to will go up to that sim and yell at them :D
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    This is from Get Together: I really like that you can influence sims to "hookup" with another sim. If they like the sim, they'll start dating. You can also "Talk up" a sim and improve that sim's relationship with another sim. I also love being able to trash talk other sims. And, if you trash talk someone else who is in the same room, the sim you are talking to will go up to that sim and yell at them :D

Yeah, and you can also break up couples that way 😅
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I love the ocean IL swimming and DU bikes. I like to queue up “swim here,” “bike here,” and “jog here” to make Sims race a triathlon, ha.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    ... Also also pufferfish nigiri for its killing powers.

I could be wrong but this is also one of two Sim deaths in the game where Sims can die while sitting down.