Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons: Remove holiday deco from public lots?

My realm of magic has Love Day decorations that I don't know how to get rid of. It won't work via deco box because "your sim doesn't own the lot". I know you can choose for a holiday to not have a specific decoration theme, which turns off the automatic decoration, but that doesn't help me now because the holiday is already over. I tried reloading the lot by leaving through the portal and coming back, but to no avail.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    My realm of magic has Love Day decorations that I don't know how to get rid of. It won't work via deco box because "your sim doesn't own the lot". I know you can choose for a holiday to not have a specific decoration theme, which turns off the automatic decoration, but that doesn't help me now because the holiday is already over. I tried reloading the lot by leaving through the portal and coming back, but to no avail.

Normally they go away after the holiday. If they don't then it's a bug or mod related.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    The deco on community lots has become my hate issue #1. Very poor neighbors cover their little house in lights and flags, even their hedges, while they can't make ends meet. It ruins all my attempts to make interesting stories around the hood. On community lots I can run into Winterfest deco mid Summer (probably I did not visit that lot since Winter), or Pink hearts in Winter. I wish such decor was limited, and definitely not on fences and hedges. The graveyards look awful during seasons, and the farms look very silly as all their farm fences have flags... what farmer would ever do that? I wish only a deco on the front door or mailbox was automatically added.

Give us an easy way to take deco down from a community lot!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg