Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Christmas tree from Seasons keeps catching on fire every time

KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
This keeps happening to me every time I light the tree. It's happened now six times in a row. The first time it happened I thought it was funny. Later it started to annoy me, because it ruins the holiday, everyone will be on a bad mood for the rest of the day.
It happened the first three times with my Sim families while celebrating Winterfest (on three different saves). Last night I tested lighting the Christmas tree with three different premade families and it caught on fire again on every family.

Does this happen to anyone else now? Has anyone been able to light the tree succesfully recently? Is it maybe a new bug?
Maybe it's just bad luck that I got all those fires. It certainly didn't happen this frequently when Seasons came out.
Post edited by Kimmer on

Comments

• Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Up to now this hasn't happen in my game yet.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Does your lot happen to have the Cursed lot trait? I had similar accidents in a row from using a stove, it drove me nuts, I had to get rid of the Cursed trait...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    That sounds awesome. I've had my tree burst into flames occasionally when decorating it, but nothing even approaching the frequency that you describe. Sounds like Christmas is cancelled.
  • Options
    Does your lot happen to have the Cursed lot trait? I had similar accidents in a row from using a stove, it drove me nuts, I had to get rid of the Cursed trait...

No, I don't have cursed lot trait on those lots. I guess I just had bad luck.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    That sounds awesome. I've had my tree burst into flames occasionally when decorating it, but nothing even approaching the frequency that you describe. Sounds like Christmas is cancelled.

Lol, I guess my Sims will have fiery Christmases now. I've never had the trees bursting on flames while decorating, it always happen when my Sims light them up. I usually make them decorate the tree in the morning and light it up set it on fire later. :D
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    This happens to me too. I haven't tried 6 times, but 3/3 it happened and I lost the tree so I gave up and only use the predecorated ones now.
  • Options
    This happens to me too. I haven't tried 6 times, but 3/3 it happened and I lost the tree so I gave up and only use the predecorated ones now.

It's good to know that it's not just my game that has the problem. I guess I'll start using the predecorated tree now too, especially if I'm not in the mood for dealing with the fire and tense moodlets.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Do you have any mods that affect the frequency of fire occurring? I just wondered because I have Nevada a Christmas tree fire. I’m kind of jealous actually.
  • Options
    Do you have any mods that affect the frequency of fire occurring? I just wondered because I have Nevada a Christmas tree fire. I’m kind of jealous actually.

I don't use mods, I've never used them.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    I had no idea this was a thing.

My Sim’s ceiling fan kept catching on fire and I was always puzzled as to why until I realized the fire was “jumping up” from the fireplace. That’s still weird but somehow it made sense lol
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »

I don't use mods, I've never used them.

No, no mods in my game either. I've used a few in the past but havent in quite some time