Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Always winter in Windenburg, weather issue.

Hi! Does anyone know why this is happening?

I have a few mods and I took them out, the issue still occurs. The other towns don't have this issue as far as I've seen..
It's been winter for the whole winter of course, then the whole spring, and now I played into summer and nothing happens with this weather. It's still freezing temps, the snow won't melt, the weather forecast says it will be sunny, and it is, but still freezing. I took the mods out then played for two or three days, nothing changed except it stopped snowing, but this could be a coincident..

Is this a known bug? I tried googling it but couldn't find anything relevant. I appreciate any help!

Comments

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I could be the fact that certain worlds have certain weather patterns. I know Oasis Springs can't have Winter or snow for example. I feel that maybe Windenburg is more predisposed to Winter weather maybe? I've never had Sims in Windenburg so unfortunately I do not know .
  • Options
    danceswithchaosdanceswithchaos Posts: 95 Member
    I would go and report it on the bug sight. While bearpal64 is correct and weather does vary, it does usually match the weather forecast for the day and does change with the seasons (sometimes gradually though) but by summer unless it is one of the mystery weather days where it changes multiples times without warning and doesn't fit the normal weather pattern, it shouldn't still have snow. I could be related to this issue here, but you can search that site (that is where bugs are reported now). If that sounds similar to your issue, hit "ME TOO" and you can post as well.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,464 Member
    @plau This was probably caused by one of the mods you were using. When you use mods or CC, you have to make sure you delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder every time you make a change to your mods folder. If you add something to your mods folder, even if it's just a single piece of CC, delete that file. If you remove a mod, delete that file. The localthumbcache file can cause glitches if it isn't refreshed when your mods folder changes. Your game will generate a new one when you start it up again.

I suggest you delete that file, then repair your game in origin, then load up your game. But back up your Sims 4 folder first, just in case. Once you're in the game, go into that household you were playing and travel to a different world for a bit, then return to Windenburg and see if it has corrected itself. This seemed to work for another person who was having the same issue.

Good luck! ☺️

#Team Occult
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    Im Deutschland weather play you
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    @plau This was probably caused by one of the mods you were using. When you use mods or CC, you have to make sure you delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder every time you make a change to your mods folder. If you add something to your mods folder, even if it's just a single piece of CC, delete that file. If you remove a mod, delete that file. The localthumbcache file can cause glitches if it isn't refreshed when your mods folder changes. Your game will generate a new one when you start it up again.

I suggest you delete that file, then repair your game in origin, then load up your game. But back up your Sims 4 folder first, just in case. Once you're in the game, go into that household you were playing and travel to a different world for a bit, then return to Windenburg and see if it has corrected itself. This seemed to work for another person who was having the same issue.

Good luck! ☺️

Thank you, I did all of that, but unfortunately it didn't work. I don't know what to do about it now.. :/
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @plau did you try a new test game in Windenburg starting with a different season to see if it is isolated to that particular saved game or your entire TS4?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    plau wrote: »

Good luck! ☺️

Thank you, I did all of that, but unfortunately it didn't work. I don't know what to do about it now.. :/

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work. My only suggestion is to take the advice of @troshalom above and try a completely new game to see if it's still happening or if it's possibly a corrupted save file. If it's just that save file, you should be able to roll back to an earlier version and see if that helps.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    edited December 2019

Good luck! ☺️

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work. My only suggestion is to take the advice of @troshalom above and try a completely new game to see if it's still happening or if it's possibly a corrupted save file. If it's just that save file, you should be able to roll back to an earlier version and see if that helps.

I figured it out! I hope it doesn't go back to the forever winter but it looks promising!
    I bought the Dr. Junes weather controller machine thingy, and changed the weather to heat wave. It melted all the snow and after a couple sim days the weather is now normal. Hurray! I'll come back for an update if it changes back to forever winter but I think it's solved now. Will check with the other households in Windenburg as well.
  • Options

Good luck! ☺️

I figured it out! I hope it doesn't go back to the forever winter but it looks promising!
    I bought the Dr. Junes weather controller machine thingy, and changed the weather to heat wave. It melted all the snow and after a couple sim days the weather is now normal. Hurray! I'll come back for an update if it changes back to forever winter but I think it's solved now. Will check with the other households in Windenburg as well.

What a great solution! (And an obvious one, why didn't I think of that? 😄)

I'm glad you got things working, I hope everything goes well now. Happy simming!
    #Team Occult