Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skills and University

Does anyone have a feel for how University grades reflect skills? That is does it measure actual skill levels or improvement? Another way of asking this is how much of a disadvantage does a new Sim with no skills have?

Comments

• Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I'm not sure I have the answer for you, because I'm not sure if grades are actually based on skill level. I thought they were based more on whether your sim has done all the necessary work and gone to class, rather than skill level as such. It seems that as sims go to class, and do homework and write term papers etc, they gain the relevant skills at the same time, which seems to be enough to get high grades. I haven't tried a sim with no skill, but I just had my sim do computer science, and he passed with an A+ even though he started with low programming skill. But the coursework and classes etc improved that skill.. I think this long way of answering is - I think it's more about the homework and completing tasks, more than the skill levels that matter (but I could be wrong).
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    I don't know. I only played "old" sims with plenty skills already, and they are mostly doing well without a lot of focus on skills. However, I make sure they build the essential skills a little, each term but not every day. I think doing some skill building even if it is only for 30 sim minutes, might affect grade. Studying the degree book also builds skills, probably working the subjects on a pc, or even just doing homework (each subject has one dedicated skill). Perhaps that is enough if all other tasks are met, and that skill building is more useful if you need to repair after say missing a class.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg