Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom dorms not listed while enrolling into university

I've made my own dorm that meets all the dorm requirements but when I sent my sim to university (foxbury) this dorm does not show on the list of available housing only the two premade towers are listed. I tried moving my sim into a tower and then later move the usual way to my own building but this is not possible. Moving from home into the building isn't possible either. This makes my building completely useless. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a solution?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2019
    Did you set the lot assigned to the correct setting? There are two separate Student Housing for this purpose. It will be called Universe Housing. If you are not sure where this is, it is in the same location where you choose the type of lot you want it to be such as a resident, gym, library, or the other choices.

This link goes into more detail.
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/11/15/the-sims-4-discover-university-lot-types-lot-traits/
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Last night I placed a lot from the Gallery into the Briny Tower or whatever it is called, and when I went to enroll in Uni it wasn't there either. I cancelled and went back to the lot, made sure all the lot requirements were met, and added the (for some reason) optional outdoor trashcan.

Went back into my household and started the enrollment process again and the dorm was there! Not sure if that will help you too, but that seemed to fix my issue.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    Go into build mode on your custom dorm and make sure the lot type is set to "University Housing." Then, click the gear icon and make sure the lot is assigned to Foxbury. I can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't show up unless it's a bug.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My problem was that it was assigned to britechester. Make sure it's correctly assigned.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GatochwegGatochweg Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2019
    Somehow I managed not to notice the the gear button (admitting shamefully). It works fine now. Thank you all for your help!
  • Options
    foxezpawzfoxezpawz Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having this same issue. I've tried everything including removing CC. I still can't get my custom dorm to work. Even though it's assigned to foxbury, the little tag line in the world view saying foxbury students only doesn't show up on the building. I even tried bulldozing and placing just the required items, and that didn't work either! It's like bulldozing the lot removes something from the dorm that makes ineligible.
  • Options
    DexlemonDexlemon Posts: 1 New Member
    I was having this problem this week too, I don’t use Buildbuy CC and all the lot info was correct, but I found a workaround. I placed the original lot template back in and just edited it from there, and now it shows up in enrollment. I think the issue is with bulldozing the lot!
  • Options
    HMPHMP Posts: 1 New Member
    So I tried the bulldozing lots, adding trash cans, making residential (exiting) and then changing back to university housing. I found what worked last for me was changing the lots to the opposite university (exiting). Then checking that the lot says the opposite university and only for students under the name and lot traits. Then go back in and change to the correct university (exiting) and seeing if it says the same as before but for the right university.

*It was not saying the university and only for student before I had not noticed.

Note: I also took at my mods but then added them back in before I did the final edit with the lot types to the opposite university. Thus, I don't believe the mods had anything to do with it.