Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making my own roommates

So I just created some sims for the dorm my sim is going to live in and decorated it for all of them. I used the debug cheat to enroll one of them in uni but it was a long process with two loading screens and then when I finally loaded back into the household with the other sims to start the process again I couldn't use the university debug anymore. It's kinda a long process for some sims I'm not even playing as.

My question is- is there an easier way to enroll a sim in university?

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i haven't been doing it this way... instead, i started out just editing all the dormmates that showed up for my sim, checking out their hidden traits and making adjustments as i saw fit (like giving a computer science major the computer-related roommate interest or removing the 'breaker' archetype from two of the three sims with it since 3 breakers out of 8 sims is just too much)

it kind of feels pointless, though, because after a week, you start a new term and the dormmates will change...you'll get some repeats, but others will be totally new and you'll have to go through it all over again. but i have been trying to ensure i see at least one of each archetype just to see what they're like (like... clingy socialite. i love and hate it at the same time because it's so perfect. and perfectly frustrating)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,722 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, I simply used cheats to edit my roommates in CAS full edit mode, and then assign them their beds, you can't control them and they will still behave with their hidden traits. But they are at least looking better.
  • Options
    SimMin94SimMin94 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi! I've been wondering something similar. I have three sims I want to enroll to uni at the same time (my main sim, his best friend and his girlfriend)... can I make it so that I only control the main sim and the girlfriend and friend would be roommates in the same dorm/house still being main sim's friend and girlfriend? A bit complicated but hopefully someone will understand what I am getting at.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    clingy socialite.
    Is that when they follow your sim when they travel? My sim’s roommate would just come along with a notification like, “I saw you were heading out. Where are we going?” LOL. I wasn’t bothered because I wanted them to be friends anyway but I also thought it was kind of hilarious.