Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Go to class problem

simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
My sim had a morning class, she went to it fine, no problem. She came out and hung around because she had another one an hour and a half later but when she went to go into the building she got stuck with another student outside. They both stood there for a minute (inside one another) just nodding then both got the routing bubble over their heads and walked off. The task canceled and now my sim has missed her class.
Ok so I just clicked the go to class button and she went in but she was really late.
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I’ve had the exact same problem, I so far have not figured out a way to fix it, by the time my sim gets to class she’s missed more than half of it, and then when says she’s suppose to be I’m until 12:55 she doesn’t come out until after the queue bubble has been filled otherwise it counts as skipping class.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2019
    I had a similar problem where on my way to class, some random sim tried to engage mine in conversation and I cancelled it but I still had to wait for him to walk all the way over to my sim (which took FOREVER) before it truly cancelled. So my sim got to class like 10 minutes before it ended. Not a great start. However, he was able to turn it around and get an A+. I pay attention and start sending them to class like 2 hours before it starts now (the walk he had in Foxbury seemed longer than the walk in Britechester, though.)

I think his bike slowed him down, as well. So I click “walk here” now.

Oh, one more thing. The “Go to Class” drops out of queue for no reason sometimes. Then you don’t get the button on the class schedule until it is starting. So know your buildings!
  • Options
    SnthierrySnthierry Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m also having extreme frustration at how long it takes to get around and even with the biking, since they can’t bike up all the stairs and levels, it doesn’t even help. I have my sim on the soccer team and I feel like I have to make my sim start going to each place hours early in order to make it on time.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If your sim gets stuck in a conversation interaction and they're going to be late for class, I would suggest resetting them so they have a decent chance to make it. :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @babajayne I'm having the same issue with the go to class interaction dropping out. Only played in Foxbury so far, and the walk does seem far. Also, I can't seem to attend class early on my own? Not sure if that's related to specific traits or something. Know your buildings is hugely good advice.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    This was a typical problem in Sims 3. What you needed to do was to get to the class building early and try to be first in line. We need a mod to fix this.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I was having the same problem until I removed my mods 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and Extreme Violence. I am already noticing Sims aren't getting stuck in their interactions and missing class. HOWEVER, my sims are not using their bikes as default like I want them too! Anyone else having that issue. I wish you could pick "bike everywhere".
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Finding its much easier to live off campus and not in dorms to get my sims to class, I have one sim in a dorm in Foxbury and he is missing classes because its taking so long to get from the dorm to the class building, where as the Pleasant twins who live in a house in Britechester come and go to class with ease (its like going to work). From the dorms the go to class prompt drops a lot, for me its showing up well after class starts, sims stopping you on the way seems to be a feature, they don't just go, its like an obstacle course! Its fine if they are waiting right outside the building before class starts, but thats not always practical in terms of game play. If this is how its going to be, I'm just going to stay away from dorm living.
  • Options
    reyort100reyort100 Posts: 1 New Member
    I need help and I don't know what to do. My sim is half way through there first term and they have to write a term paper. Well, on the computer there is no university menu. I cheated it this one time but I want to find out why there is no menu. And yes, I do have mods enabled and have mods.
  • Options
    Sampeck95Sampeck95 Posts: 10 New Member
    My problem is that the "go to class" button only shows up 25% of the time and well after the class start time. I wish we could click on the buildings or on our sims to go to class. Mine has missed both of her finals now because she doesnt have the option to go to class! I hope they fix this bug in a patch!
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    OMG ME too! She took forever to get to my first class and missed almostn all of it, she kept stopping and starting to run...LIKE what!? This is awful!
  • Options
    Update: one of my exams (not sure which one) apparently starts in an hour (3am). -_-
  • Options
    reyort100 wrote: »
    I need help and I don't know what to do. My sim is half way through there first term and they have to write a term paper. Well, on the computer there is no university menu. I cheated it this one time but I want to find out why there is no menu. And yes, I do have mods enabled and have mods.
    Do you have a cc pc? It doesn't show up on mine. I have to use the ones that come with the game.
  • Options
    Last update sorry: the 3am saturday exam I previously mentioned was for my 8am Friday class, so I think the timing is way off which is why the "go to class" button isn't showing up during class time. I also noticed when I try to get food from the cafeteria it will tell me I have to wait until 5pm, but then it doesn't unlock until about 2 or more hours later. I don't know if this is due to my very old "sims computer" trying to keep up or is everyone else experiencing this extreme of a time lag??
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    reyort100 wrote: »

You answered your own question then. You need to find out which is the culprit.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I am mega 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off about the go to class interaction. The button to go to class does not appear until after the class start time. Prior to that, there is no way to identify which building your sim needs to go to in order to get to class on time. With magic EP you can make the broom their primary mode of transportation. you can't make the bike! so instead of riding to class, my sim ran! I exited without saving. I was furious. He showed up to class with only 5 minutes remaining. I don't understand the purpose.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I suggest with all these issues with going to class, someone will have to create a bug report thread on this.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    HoddyWalker90HoddyWalker90 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the issue of one of my Sims going to class, she is now back home but still shows as in class on her icon in the bottom left corner. I have tried restarting the game, resetting her, making her go to another class!! But she is still showing as being in the blummin class so I can't now right click her to fast track to her or go into her inventory or get her aspirations to show. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I have the issue of one of my Sims going to class, she is now back home but still shows as in class on her icon in the bottom left corner. I have tried restarting the game, resetting her, making her go to another class!! But she is still showing as being in the blummin class so I can't now right click her to fast track to her or go into her inventory or get her aspirations to show. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Can you click on the small icon in her profile that shows she is in class and make her 'leave class early'. That sometimes works when this happens to my sims that show they are still at work. I haven't had the problem with someone at Uni though.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    My sim had a morning class, she went to it fine, no problem. She came out and hung around because she had another one an hour and a half later but when she went to go into the building she got stuck with another student outside. They both stood there for a minute (inside one another) just nodding then both got the routing bubble over their heads and walked off. The task canceled and now my sim has missed her class.
    Ok so I just clicked the go to class button and she went in but she was really late.

I would exit without saving. I had a problem when I powered up my game today. Played yesterday and my four YAs were this close to finishing their second term, however, the timer went off on my dinner so I had to save and shut down. I had just sent Erik to class, too. When I powered up today, after I patched, he was standing outside the building and the notice said that he showed such a lack of caring by how little time he spent in the class that it would reflect badly on his grade! Face/palm. When I saved the game yesterday, he was just outside of the building, too. He should have 'gone to class' when I first powered up, not had the game clock show it was now 8:38 with him standing outside. Class was to begin at 8:00 AM. Face/palm. There was no way to send him back to class. And it did cost him. He got a C+, bringing down his A+ GPA to an A-. At least he got the A+ in his other class. Could have been a disaster, otherwise.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Sampeck95 do you use MCCC to adjust the game's clock speed? When I play around with the clock speed, Seasons holidays pile onto the wrong days and sometimes 3 into one day. Maybe that is why the cafeteria doesn't open when it's supposed to and your exams are appearing at incorrect days/times? Just a thought.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    @GalacticGal You could try to restore an earlier save if you want to keep your sim's GPA.
  • Options
    vinomama85vinomama85 Posts: 7 New Member
    @reyort100 I had this problem as well, for me it was the Criminal Work From Home mod by Noelle Bellefelur causing it. If you are still having the problem and have that mod I would remove it.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I get this problem too - it could be my mods. But I found that if I use MCCC to reset each sim when they get stuck with each other, and have mine move to the side slightly, then it fixes the problem and my sim goes to class fine. It does mean that you do have to really watch them enter the building, to make sure they aren't getting stuck with each other, but if it happens my sim is only a couple of minutes late, which I can live with :)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I've only played students from residential lot, this far. They depart smoothly, but occasionally there is some odd things happening which makes them delay going. Anyhow, my next group of students will reside in a regular dorm, can't wait to check it out, although the issue of this thread makes me worry a bit. Planning to play 4 active students there...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg