Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When splitting households

This has become complicated because the new household you don't get to start with any money. Looks like I'm going to have to look for a mod for that
Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]

Comments

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Not sure what you mean. They start with as much as you give them when you split them off from the originating household.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean. They start with as much as you give them when you split them off from the originating household.

Really? They changed giving the new household 20k to move out?
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited November 2019
    I think it's more complicated to decide how much money is taken from the initial household. I stated a household right after the update and my child aged up. I did what I always do and found out she wasn't getting a start-up of 20k like its been since the beginning of Sims 4. So I have to use Motherlode cheat before sending my teen out. I'll start a new game and do that. It's much too confusing if you ask me. I hope the modders come up with making our household easier to move out of.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    I think it's more complicated to decide how much money is taken from the initial household. I stated a household right after the update and my child aged up. I did what I always do and found out she wasn't getting a start-up of 20k like its been since the beginning of Sims 4. So I have to use Motherlode cheat before sending my teen out. I'll start a new game and do that. It's much too confusing if you ask me. I hope the modders come up with making our household easier to move out of.

Hmm... what was the problem? I tried to separate a household and you could type into a text-box how much of the original household’s money the second household should take with them.

What is it that you find difficult? I can post a pic :)
  • Options
    AgrestAgrest Posts: 28 Member
    > @somethingstellar said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yep. It's still the same when you start a brand new family, but now when a sim leaves an already existing household you decide how much they take with them. Basically how it should have been this whole time lol

I didn't know it's been changed, that's good to know!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member

Why don't you move them out through manage households, like before. I'm assuming they still get the starting money that way?

I'm really liking this new option but it will certainly mean harder time for my sims because they'll have less money >:)
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

Hmm... what was the problem? I tried to separate a household and you could type into a text-box how much of the original household’s money the second household should take with them.

What is it that you find difficult? I can post a pic :)
    I think op is saying they didn’t actually have the funds to give the new household the 20k without cheating.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    a lot of house holds dont have enough funds to support a sim moving out. i liked the old way better.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    So give the family 20k more simoleons and then when you split the house, give the new house the 20k?
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    a lot of house holds dont have enough funds to support a sim moving out. i liked the old way better.

It's more realistic this way for others. Just cheat them the 20k if you want them to start out with that. Either way its 20k they didnt really earn.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have waited for 5 years for this TS3 system to return! Thank you!
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I like it! Very much! It is great funkcionality! Now challenges (as rebuild Newcrest) have sense!
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member

lol.... SIms are so rich... Ok give him 600 simoleons and put him in SM flat!
  • Options
    Skyview0Skyview0 Posts: 7 New Member
    I am not liking the new UI household split / merge function. If I don't allocate any money to the SIM being SPLIT from the originating household, they get NO money whatsoever. The new household should get 20k to start with and THEN if I want to give more than that, then I can provide that.... I think they got this new screen all wrong
  • Options
    Skyview0Skyview0 Posts: 7 New Member
    Also, when did the change to the household split merge screen occur??
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like this approach. It allows for sending inheritances with a sim. For example, I sent Bjorn Bjergsen's daughter to university with money he left her though he died a while ago.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SupacSupac Posts: 14 New Member
    I am so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about this! I am doing a 100 baby challenge and move sims out constantly. I don’t have money to send 100 kids off with cash. I wish we had an option to go back to the old way. I know you can use cheats but that’s also an extra annoying step.
  • Options
    SupacSupac Posts: 14 New Member
    To add to my last note- you technically aren’t supposed to use cheats in the 100 baby challenge either...
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I like this new way.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am really happy with the new way. Makes it more challenging to send the kids off, it has become a welcome moneysink.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    [quote="ChampandGirlie;c-17327868"]I like this approach. It allows for sending inheritances with a sim. For example, I sent Bjorn Bjergsen's daughter to university with money he left her though he died a while ago. [/quote]

This is Is what I’ve been using the split household functionality for, and I’m absolutely loving it! I know the old system was a little easier but it does open up an avenue for a bit of a challenge, just like DU really, because your Sims won’t be able to afford to move out unless they have some money behind them!

I play on long lifespan legacy saves most of the time so having the time to go through and have my sims be conscious of their money is always fun.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    This has become complicated because the new household you don't get to start with any money. Looks like I'm going to have to look for a mod for that

It might actually be helpful when moving sims from one household to another one. Otherwise, moving sims work like a money cheat.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I have yet to split a household after this was patched in but I love this idea. It felt strange when I sent a second/third child out and while the main household had 6- or 7-digit funds, I had no way to give the child some of it.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    musteni wrote: »

Why don't you move them out through manage households, like before. I'm assuming they still get the starting money that way?

I'm really liking this new option but it will certainly mean harder time for my sims because they'll have less money >:)

That is how I've moved them out prior always and they would get 20k starting out. Now they don't. The only other option I can think of is to move them into an existing household and remove the other member through manage household. I don't like that you don't get a starting amount and have to transfre funds over. It adds in unneeded steps in my opinion. Before it was simple.Very simple. Chose the sim who aged up and move them out. No transferring funds or other steps needed.