Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    @GalacticGal A report back: Make sure you update your data.package. They're also happy to look at any last exceptions you have on the Discord :)https://discord.gg/aAVbNmb

Update my data.package? How on Earth does one do that? I have been throwing a number of Last Exceptions. I thought it was a different mod, but I'll let them take a look. Thanks.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @GalacticGal A report back: Make sure you update your data.package. They're also happy to look at any last exceptions you have on the Discord :)https://discord.gg/aAVbNmb

whats a data package? i use the mod sometimes.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    DMDCT wrote: »
    @luthienrising I'm sorry to confirm what @bandit5 says about the latest version (17th November) of @Bienchen83 townieoverhaul_lessfame mod. Somehow, it hides the interaction dialogue for assigning beds (not just in dorms, but in general), which is very weird and doesn't really make sense. But it does so nonetheless...

That bug will be fixed with the next update which should go online tomorrow according to my host.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited November 2019
    I want to Deadpool's discord and yet I can't upload LE because no one's doing anything to allow me to you know.. let me in so I can post my LE..

Why are their two Package files for SNB mod?
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    What kind of problems are you having posting LE?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    @LaracroftEyes1 the first one was a SNB error . But when I took all the mods out BUT SNB I got a different LE which didn't seem to have anything do with SNB (a career pay problem)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    DMDCT wrote: »
    @luthienrising I'm sorry to confirm what @bandit5 says about the latest version (17th November) of @Bienchen83 townieoverhaul_lessfame mod. Somehow, it hides the interaction dialogue for assigning beds (not just in dorms, but in general), which is very weird and doesn't really make sense. But it does so nonetheless...

That bug will be fixed with the next update which should go online tomorrow according to my host.

i will download when done thanks
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I feel it's important to note that the download of LostNLonelygirl's Bandage For all cc is currently mixed up with her Face Paint for all CC.
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Is there any word on when the batch fix is coming for bedding, showers, and tubs ?? Is there one coming at all ??

Anyone know ??

I newest batch fix I see for objects in S4S is for Pets.

• Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @s_stutler , update your S4S. There's one in there now for showers and tubs. There isn't one yet for beds, AFAIK.
  • Options
    Ailias_2Ailias_2 Posts: 21 Member
    I remove both my recent uploads from MTS2 so remove links please
    I cannot understand what more requirements should I meet more. they marked 2 uploads like uncomplete
    I do not want even spend my time completing info and pics. I better say goodbye to MTS2
    Also site is very sleepy and unpopular now. I do not recommend to share uploads there.
    very low feedback and views.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @LaracroftEyes1 the first one was a SNB error . But when I took all the mods out BUT SNB I got a different LE which didn't seem to have anything do with SNB (a career pay problem)

I got the same error (cannot update something about household regarding money, I don't remember the strings exactly) and thought it was SNB too. Removed it and got another error. Sometimes script mods get caught in LE that are not caused by them apparently. Can't say how I fixed it, I updated a couple of mods I didn't update (familiar interactions and another one by the same author) and the error went away, so I suppose it was one of the two.
  • Options
    Stuiterbal1983Stuiterbal1983 Posts: 11 New Member
    I wanted to use the tuition mods from Zero's but you have to do something with S4S. And i cant figure out what. Does anyone know? It's to change the tuition fees for University to make them more realistic. You have to do some tuning but i dont know how and where.(Tried everything) So, can someone explain to me what i need to do?
  • Options
    theclevernuggettheclevernugget Posts: 11 New Member
    Does anyone know which beds in particular are crashing? I did the Slot195 cheat from Sims 4 Studio and removed those pieces of custom content, but my game is still frozen at the startup (giving it a white screen)
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I wanted to use the tuition mods from Zero's but you have to do something with S4S. And i cant figure out what. Does anyone know? It's to change the tuition fees for University to make them more realistic. You have to do some tuning but i dont know how and where.(Tried everything) So, can someone explain to me what i need to do?

You need to open the file in Sims 4 Studio and look for the line I pointed in the tutorial. I'll look into the automatic tool someone made to batch change all of them together and see if that works.
  • Options
    > @SiliClone said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You need to open the file in Sims 4 Studio and look for the line I pointed in the tutorial. I'll look into the automatic tool someone made to batch change all of them together and see if that works.

Hey, thanks, but where can i find the tutorial? Feeling like a noob, but i have been searching all over. Is it on YouTube of something?
  • Options
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    @s_stutler , update your S4S. There's one in there now for showers and tubs. There isn't one yet for beds, AFAIK.

Ohhhh !! See... I thought it would update itself automatically.. !! LOL. I have logged into it in the past, and it has added its own support, so that was what I thought would happen. LOL ..

I've downloaded the update and am waiting for the batch to finish. I see the bathtub fix for Island Living and the Shower fix for DU:)

Fantastic!

Thank you so much !!
  • Options
    Does anyone know which beds in particular are crashing? I did the Slot195 cheat from Sims 4 Studio and removed those pieces of custom content, but my game is still frozen at the startup (giving it a white screen)

Hello. I just wanted to say, I have tons of CC beds in my game. And. They are getting tagged as a LE_ but I am not getting a white screen, I am even able to play in game with them.

Have you looked at other CC and mods as your problem? Have you done the 50/50 method yet ?? My bet would be your problems are coming from something other than your CC beds.

Good luck!
  • Options
    miasimxomiasimxo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. After testing my script mods in game I noticed I'm getting a MCC exception with AOM's playable pets mod (here: http://sims4studio.com/post/89311) I notice the mod hasn't been updated since the Get Famous patch in 2018 so I'm not sure if the creator is going to update it or if it's unsupported. I've never gotten an exception with any patches for this mod until now though, it has always worked without being updated. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the creator is planning to update it or if there's another mod out there that does the same thing. I did a quick google search and came up empty.

This is one of my must-have mods so any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    miasimxo wrote: »
    Hi. After testing my script mods in game I noticed I'm getting a MCC exception with AOM's playable pets mod (here: http://sims4studio.com/post/89311) I notice the mod hasn't been updated since the Get Famous patch in 2018 so I'm not sure if the creator is going to update it or if it's unsupported. I've never gotten an exception with any patches for this mod until now though, it has always worked without being updated. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the creator is planning to update it or if there's another mod out there that does the same thing. I did a quick google search and came up empty.

This is one of my must-have mods so any help would be greatly appreciated!

@miasimxo you might want to remove the AOM Pets mod at the moment
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    neuroticmarsneuroticmars Posts: 11 New Member
    I've got a new bug. Adults won't clean up dishes. They pick them up, take a step back, step forward and put them back where they picked them up. Oddly children can take those dishes to a sink or dishwasher and clean them.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @MadameLee For problems with SNB, please go to SimRealist's Discord. The link is above somewhere. Any Career pay problem is almost certainly going to be a broken career mod. Most are *not* updated yet. As for the Deaderpool Discord, please be patient as a new joiner. Access is not, to my knowledge, instantaneous because they've had previous issues with spammers etc.

Thanks @Ailias_2 . I'll remove those links.

@theclevernugget Any CC bed may cause problems in Dorms. Don't place them there for now. I would image they'll all be giving LE's as well.

Updated Mods
    Updated Mods: LittleMsSam edition
    Updated CC
    Reported Fine by
    • Manderz0630: Sims Can Tell Jokes Whenever Despite mood

New and Relevant
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I've got a new bug. Adults won't clean up dishes. They pick them up, take a step back, step forward and put them back where they picked them up. Oddly children can take those dishes to a sink or dishwasher and clean them.

Does it happen with no CC or mods installed? It sounds like broken CC.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I have a bug where the time in game isnt synchronized with classes or events. Basically flying blind, untill a notification comes up that my sim has college in an hour. Also, might be unrelated, but my Origin isnt working properly. It keeps loading, or appears to be. I can play the game, but i cant get to my gamelibrary for instance. Did the cleanup, uninstalled Origin, but after shutting down my game and rebooting, it did the same thing.

Also, cc beds are working for me. I did do the batch fixes and everything, so maybe that helped.
  • Options
    @Stuiterbal1983 Re. the CC beds: Some beds definitely are causing a major problem in Dorms. Please avoid using them there or you could end up having to roll back a save.

Re. the bug. Is that happening with no CC or mod installed as well?