Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Discover University Livestream was a dissapointment.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2019
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Guru's job is to work on the game and honestly most of them don't even play the Sims games outside of work after working on it all day.

It shows.

I agree. This isn’t the first stream featuring two of the gurus who seem to know next to nothing about their game.
    Streaming isn’t easy and I don’t get the impression some of the Gurus enjoy it. Which isn’t a criticism, my Husband is a game developer but if he was made to stream it he would be horrified as he’s quite shy. Luckily they don’t need to stream their content directly.

It’s fine to not be okay in front of a camera- but let the Gurus who are comfortable do it. Or better yet, let the game changers do it. I think the Guru info streams need to be prepared. It kind of felt like halfway through that one they ran out of stuff to show. They script the Maxis Monthly (Kate would appear with her notes) why not script this? And if it is scripted then we need Gurus who look happy and enthusiastic and know their game!
    That is something I just criticize as well, that’s unprofessional too. And if there’s one thing players are allowed to criticize it’s that.
    I wish they would play the livestream with more packs installed. I understand that they don’t want to confuse anyone by advertising features that aren’t part of the focus pack. But it could a) not make the game appear as empty b) advertise fun features of other packs to those that don’t own them yet c) be a nice payoff for those of us who have spent hundreds of dollars on TS4 to see how new EPs play along with the other packs we own.

Playing with base game + one pack for a livestream is just kind of boring to look at. Show us how holidays impact Uni gameplay. Give us some good GT club ideas. It would be cool to see more of that in a livestream. 🤷🏽‍♀️
    I agree with that as well. As long as you clarify which packs are in there, I think that would totally be allowed. Everyone understands that when it snows in the livestream but you haven’t got Seasons, it won’t snow in your game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I watched all the stream to the end and found out a lot of interesting stuff from it. It could be better of course but all the streamers concerned will have got a lot of experience from it. It must be the first one most or all of them have done.

It's up to EA/Maxis to give them more tuition doing them. Some of these streams are not well rehearsed but I really enjoy seeing the Gurus involved, like Graham, Ninja, Matt, George and Morgan as they seem like old friends and more relaxed as they have more experience. Sometimes I can see Gurus itching to take over the controls at the keyboard and they should be allowed to do so, especially Graham and Ninja!

PS: @JoAnne65 I was a librarian too, but on the running of branch and kids' libraries and that's probably why I'm enjoying my second childhood with Sims 4. Probably why I sympathize with learners as well.