Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elevators?

I've noticed that in the gameplay trailer for DU there is an elevator in the dorm building. I wonder if these are just like elevators from City Living or if they have actually added fully-functional elevators. I would love if they listened to us and added actual elevators, even though I think these work the same way as City Living ones...
ZXTnq08.png

Comments

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I think they work like CL which is a huge disappointment. So loading screens to every dorm? Only the community places will open.. but how much activity goes on in there? I hope it is not jut a cheap copy of CL apartments.. We will see in the live stream I guess.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I think they work like CL which is a huge disappointment. So loading screens to every dorm? Only the community places will open.. but how much activity goes on in there? I hope it is not jut a cheap copy of CL apartments.. We will see in the live stream I guess.

I think Foxbury and UoB each have two "dorm" lots accessible by elevator, and yeah, I assume you'll have loading screens between those. But each lot looks like it might have three or four dorm rooms, as well as a common area outside of the rooms with bathrooms, a TV, couches, etc. I really want to know if you encounter a loading screen between rooms, like apartments. I kind of assume yes, given the way apartments work.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say it looks like you can bring one sim to a dorm room, and you will be assigned an NPC roommate, which isn't exactly how it worked in TS2 or TS3 (where you could bring a larger group of sims). But if you can only view one dorm room at a time, your 'household' would consist of one playable sim - or two, at most, if you can choose two sims to share a room and skip the NPC roommate part.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Thinking dorms will function like apartments in city living with a possible npc roomate.

Would like them to make elevators like they did the portals for realm of magic.
    5vJrxmT.png