Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hopefully someone can mod mortgages into the game

I really hope someone makes a mortgage mod with the introduction of student loans in DU. No more saving for ages to move from a starter to a decent family home when my couple has triplets on the way.

Comments

• Options
    Keyona121PKeyona121P Posts: 122 Member
    Hopefully in the patch we can get loans for other stuff, not just school!
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I‘m using „SimCity Loans 2.0“ by Scarletsmods. It’s not specifically for mortgages but you can use the loan to buy a house. Maybe they can use the student loan system to improve it though.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Oooh a patch with loans, mortgage and property owning would be a DREAM!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Oooh a patch with loans, mortgage and property owning would be a DREAM!

With rent collecting on all household properties currently housing tenants!
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Just FYI, there is a general atm/loan mod you can get already from LittleMsSam. She's fixed ZooRoo's atm mod, you can use it for loans and pay them off with interest. I use it to simulate mortgages and I find it pretty good as I wanted my sims to upgrade to a bigger house to have kids, but didn't want to spend forever saving up or having to cheat.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    My sims had loans for ages. They pay interest, but there is no strict pay back plan, so they probably have an easier time than those getting EA loans. I have a strict limit as how much each sim can loan though, and no private sim can loan more than §60.000. I keep notes in a spreadsheet, integrated with my other notes.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    There’s also that banking mod from SimRealist who I think is working on adding mortgages. I wish we could have a whole money overhaul to be honest but I doubt that’ll happen. I want split funds, especially now that sims can get loans. Nothing like having to pay for your sisters loan because she wanted to go to Uni lol.

Also speaking of mortgages, I want to be able to rent lots instead of buying. But I also doubt that was included.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif