Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The strange new neighbors down at the end of the street.

Down at the end of the street is this old, decrepit house. No one has lived there for years, the paint peeling off, the side porch caving in. Over the fences and overgrown bushes are darkened windows woefully looking down on the lane. A "For Sale" sign sat in the front yard as long as anyone could remember, until last week. Yesterday a moving truck arrived at dusk and carried in an assortment of dusty furniture, boxes and statues. The movers worked very fast and seemed anxious to leave. Last night from the top of the house a single flickering candle shone down to the road.

Who moved in?

I welcome everyone to create the new neighbors. Will you drop in, say hi and take a fruitcake, or will you let them setting in undisturbed?

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    My brain's too tired to really think, but I like the start ☺. Maybe some folks escaping the horrors going on in Strangerville? Or some evil sorcerer/ess?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The Goth family?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I love coming up with theories for things like this. Here are a few:

- It didn't sell and a distant relative moved in who will find that he or she will get much closer to the family that never ever really left ...

- A random new person moves in who likes dusty old furniture ...

- A mysterious loner who likes historic houses ...

- A young person who managed to afford this house at a bargain price and who just has old and used furniture ...
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sounds like the Addams family got a new house.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited October 2019
    Seems like a vampire has found a new home.
    Vlad? Did he go bankrupt, maybe. Maybe vampire hunters are after him and he had to find a new home to hide from them.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It's an evil sim who just got released from prison after years of capturing unsuspecting visitors and keeping them locked in the basement (for the purpose of occasionally feeding his pet cowplant).

Don't go visiting or you may end up down with the rats and spiders...
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    it was me, sorry i forgot to pay the electric bill.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2019
    Unfortunatelly I know who you are talking about :( These people move house to house quite often. It is not that long time ago when they lived next to me and my family. The man is a very very bad person. His name is Harold Shipman. He is hot-headed, evil and mean! He works as a businessman though we all think the business is something shady and very dark. The poor woman, his wife, is called Aileen. You can never see her without her Afghan Hound named Alby. When they were outside he always sounded nice and sweet. He kindly touched his wife, called her sweet names etc. But when their door closed behind them... We heard everything. His voice was always so loud. Poor woman. She tried to look OK but usually she was so jumpy. Who knows what else used to happen behind that closed door. People say that the single flickering candle is some kind of a message for her unborn baby to heaven.

Oh, look! I have found their picture in Online Simgazine! It is them, isn't that?

27-10-2019-11-31-53.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I reckon it was an ancient hag that moved in there, her tastes run to never washing, casting curses, skinny flea ridden cats and eating small children. People have probably noticed the house in forever and believed it was cursed but empty, then the candle shows up. Has she woken from a deep hibernation, dreaming of chubby little toddlers on toast or maybe it's time for her to simply replenish her herb stock. Who knows. I will be visiting with my 100 baby challenge, I think she could help at this point :D
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Unfortunatelly I know who you are talking about :( These people move house to house quite often. It is not that long time ago when they lived next to me and my family. The man is a very very bad person. His name is Harold Shipman. He is hot-headed, evil and mean! He works as a businessman though we all think the business is something shady and very dark. The poor woman, his wife, is called Aileen. You can never see her without her Afghan Hound named Alby. When they were outside he always sounded nice and sweet. He kindly touched his wife, called her sweet names etc. But when their door closed behind them... We heard everything. His voice was always so loud. Poor woman. She tried to look OK but usually she was so jumpy. Who knows what else used to happen behind that closed door. People say that the single flickering candle is some kind of a message for her unborn baby to heaven.

Oh, look! I have found their picture in Online Simgazine! It is them, isn't that?

27-10-2019-11-31-53.png

That sounds eeriely like an old case I've heard about from the early 1950s where they found that random women had disappeared in the house and the garden shed. I won't go into the rest of the details but they were really grim.

It sounds like a detective should go poking around in there.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.