Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Active Family Sims left home while one is on vacation

What happens when you leave people in your family home while one person is on vacation? Will the members left at home automatically go to work/school? If a child, will it automatically complete their homework or will their grade start to decline?

Any help would be appreciated. I have an adventuring sim who wants to return now that she's quit her job because her garden supports her but she has a husband and child. :)
Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yes, they automatically go to school/work. Even if (if you have seasons) it's supposed to be a holiday - that is you've set the day to be a day off from work/school.

Children will not do their homework, but their grades will not decline. (In my experience, grades don't decline from not doing homework even under normal play, but then, I've tended to get them up to A's before I let them ignore it.)

Everyone back home should be fine when you get back, too. :)

• Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    edited October 2019
    OK So I found out that school performance does in fact decline while one active sim is away on vacation and other people are home. Sim teen is down to OK, but nearly in the red. He's still a B student but only because he's got the Genius trait. But you CAN go and switch control to the sim and force them to do homework and then switch back to the sim on vacation. I don't know if that would count for the next day or not though when school comes around.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Do sims left at home form new relationships when your sim is on vacation?
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    Do sims left at home form new relationships when your sim is on vacation?

Not that I saw. But I have never had that happen in any of my games anyway.