Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 5 HOPES & DREAMS

So although the Sims 5 is still unconfirmed; given the Sims’ team restructuring and the job advertisements EA posted last year as well as several other clues; we can assume it is happening especially given The Sims 4’s sales success which we were told would be the main factor in the decision to make a Sims 5.

Also, I’m aware we’ve been told The Sims 4 still has several years left however that could mean the Sims 5 is already in the first stages of development (especially given how long it takes to make a base game) We just also remember it’s in EA’s best interest to promote the Sims 4 until the very end of its life cycle and not public interest of TS4 to drop as soon as The Sims 5 is announced so I think it’s not too soon to start thinking of some of the major elements we’d like to see:

1 - THEME: ✍🏼

So each series seems to have a main theme which controls the direction of play and makes it stand out from the other base games.
- The theme of Sims 1 was “Play with live” and it pretty much was that, with it being the first game in the series it was a great starting point.
- The theme of Sims 2 was “cradle to grave & generations” they gave us so much in the way of family trees and history supported with the memories function. There seemed to be an emphasis on story-telling which I loved.
- The Sims 3 was all about the “open world” which was groundbreaking for the franchise. Although there was complaints about lagging and performance issues; In my opinion the open world was worth it and overrode any issues because it brought the game to life.
- The Sims 4’s main theme was “emotions & multitasking” to make Sims seem more real than ever before. Personally, I just don’t really like this style of gameplay, the emotions fluctuate too rapidly and are irritating rather than compelling. Additionally, I’m often frustrated by the group conversations and my sim attempting to multitask which slows their activities down. It’s just not a strong or enjoyable theme in my opinion.

- I hope the Sims 5’s theme revolves around story-telling, family dynasties and adds more in terms of character progression; a reason to play with a sim/ family for multiple generations. I’d love to see more unique Sims who are impacted by the world around them. E.g natural disasters, political influences, banking crisis it doesn’t have to be too in depth I’d just love a theme of an interactive world which my Sims are affected by.

2 - TIMELINE ⏰

So far we’ve had different timelines in the Sims series in the time order of:
Sims 3 / Sims 1 / Sims 4 / Sims 2.
They’re not in a particular pattern but I judge it using the Goth family and their life stages.
In the Sims 5 I’d love to see a follow-up from Sims 2 to find out what happened with their storylines or a completely new timeline with new characters and family dynamics (possibly ancestry history to some of the iconic families like distant relatives etc)

3 - MAP 🌎

Okay so I know this Open World issue is controversial. I’m my opinion, the open world was fantastic and brought the game to life. I accept there were lagging issues but that style of gameplay and the ability to experience the world without loading screens was worth it. Also, I experience a lot more lagging/ performance issues with the Sims 4.

I’d love to see the return of an open world (or at a compromise; we could have larger neighbourhoods within worlds which are open) and we can visit lots around us without loading screens and have them for when we travel further. I’d prefer the Sims 5 team give us one, beautiful open world to start at base game with the ability to customise and edit it.
The Sims 3 world was glorious and I loved the Ability to customise worlds in Sims 2, if we could merge the two for Sims 5 that would be amazing.
The Sims 4 maps are getting better but they were ugly at base game.

4 - CAS 👩🏼‍🦰

I love the Sims 4 CAS; that’s where the game really excels and actually feels like a step-forward. I wouldn’t mind something fairly similar in TS5 with the ability to change the CAS background, have more swatches, a colour wheel for certain things like hair. I’d also like them to overhaul the trait and aspirations. I just don’t like them in TS4 they feel hollow. I’d like to see the option to have an overriding aspiration with 7 traits and the option to choose the intensity of those as well as having body & mental options as well as personality. The ability to add more relationship types such as step-parents, cousins etc should be made easer.

5 - STORYLINES 💔

I suppose it depends on your style of gameplay but I’m very much a family player. I love creating families and planning storylines as well as exploring the townies. I think memories should be included from base game in TS5 so characters are given more depth. I’d love to see more effort on the Sims’ teams behalf in terms of making more compelling characters with interesting dynamics like we had in Sims 2. The Sims 4’s cast have barely anything going on, they seem rushed and blank. I’d love a pre-made town full of ‘gossip and mystery’ to explore or at the very least make it possible for more drama to happen in the game such as affairs, mysteries etc. I’d also love to see more character development and unique follow-ons for characters because of their life experiences.

6 - GRAPHICS 💻

Another controversial topic and I’m not computer savvy so I’m not going to pretend I know what I’m talking about here but I quite like the graphics and how the Sims 4 looks. I wouldn’t mind a more updated but similar version for Sims 5. For me The Sims 3 was too cartoony and I didn’t like the look of that game as much. Obviously the Sims team have to juggle the expectations with the user computers.
But what kind of look would you all like to see in the Sims 5?

7 - VALUE FOR MONEY 💸

One of the biggest criticisms of The Sims 4 is a lot of us feel we don’t get as much value for our purchases as we used to. I think the Sims team are very conscious about this now and realise we won’t accept/ buy in this pattern in future games. So I think there will be a huge improvement in TS5 base game in terms of what’s included to ensure there is no backlash like we had in TS4. I personally think they should stick to having Base, Expansion & Game packs but add more content to make them worthwhile. In my opinion Stuff packs should be replaced by The Sims 5 store which would include maxis content as well as creations from modders and external content creators. This would go some way in giving something back to these people who in my opinion ‘prop’ up The Sims 4. This way there is more incentive for them to continue creating and users have more choice about what to pay for. This could also potentially make mods and CC more safe if they are vetted by the Sims team.

FINALLY 👇🏽

Thanks for reading. I fully appreciate not everyone wants or is ready for Sims 5 and that’s fine. I just believe there is sufficient reason to believe it is happening and the sooner our voices are heard the better ☺️ I can’t wait for the next generation, I’ve played Sims for over 18 years and although I play TS4 and buy the content; I don’t feel fully invested in this style of gameplay this series offers.