Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All about Ghosts and living with them?

My vampire sim ended up finding the love of her immortal life...Don Lothario...who happens to be dead. They are in a relationship but Maya fears there might be a day where he starts fading away. Sure she can always strengthen the connection but since he's dead she has to rely on pure luck to run into him anywhere. Apparently Grim Reaper doesn't hand out ghost phones as apart of the package. She wants to ensure that he won't fade away by having him move in but one problem...
How does she get him to move in? I get the propose option but says she can't til he moves into household. The relationship is very high so "ask to move in" should be available. According to google you can move a ghost in. I've never really played with ghost before so I don't understand all their functions yet. Is it possible to move him in??? Maya would be very grateful if someone can solve her issue.

NjQiWGt.jpg
This guy looks way too excited to see them.

Comments

• Options
    FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    So Maya just died, LOL. I guess they can live happily ever after as ghost floating through Windenburg. :|
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ghosts need an extremely high relationship to be able to be asked to join a household. or you can use testing cheats, which will allow you to shift+click the ghost and 'add to household'
    ghosts marked as played will never have to worry about fading

certain other ghosts also never fade, like the chalet ghosts of windenberg, the 'campfire' ghost created when a sim tells a spooky story at a campfire after 7 pm or the 'island ancestors' created when a sim with the child of the islands trait summons ancestral spirits (the 'ancestor' ghosts can get culled, though, unless a playable sim has a relationship bar with them. one of my mermaids is in a romantic relationship with an ancestor ghost, who is still around, while her two associates have been replaced several times)
  • Options
    FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    ghosts need an extremely high relationship to be able to be asked to join a household. or you can use testing cheats, which will allow you to shift+click the ghost and 'add to household'
    ghosts marked as played will never have to worry about fading

certain other ghosts also never fade, like the chalet ghosts of windenberg, the 'campfire' ghost created when a sim tells a spooky story at a campfire after 7 pm or the 'island ancestors' created when a sim with the child of the islands trait summons ancestral spirits (the 'ancestor' ghosts can get culled, though, unless a playable sim has a relationship bar with them. one of my mermaids is in a romantic relationship with an ancestor ghost, who is still around, while her two associates have been replaced several times)

Their relationship was a teeny tiny bit under max. Imma try and have my Necromancer sim bring her back to life unless he fails. Thanks for the info. Had no idea there was a spooky story ghost.