Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we give away copies of The Sims 3?

Sorry if this isn't allowed. I bought a digital copy of The Sims 3 for a friend but they don't want it. Instead of getting a refund I'd like to give it to someone who will appreciate it for free.

Is this allowed? I don't have any friends who play The Sims, so I'd have to do a giveaway on the forums.

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I looked through the forum rules just in case. You can host giveaways, but it seems they want you to include a disclaimer that the giveaway is not affiliated with EA.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If the code has never been used to register this instance of the game to anyone's Origin account, and if it was purchased from an authorized place such as through Origin itself or an authorized retailer, then I don't see why it can't be gifted to someone else. But the codes are single-user and can only be used one time for one player's account so if registration of any kind involving it has already happened then no, afraid not.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Thanks for your responses. My friend changed her mind and wants to give the game a try now... go figure. So I won't be having a giveaway. Sorry for wasting your time!
    At least I have a friend who plays the sims now. :)