Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestions for engagement locations pls

Good morning;)
Where did your sims propose in your game? I'm currently changing up my gameplay. Normally, I just have my sims propose/marry on the spot. But this time, I'm looking for a pretty place for my sim's proposal. Any suggestions?💛

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Okay, in order to know the best location for them to get engaged, I need to know two things.

A. Which worlds do you have?
    B. Are they a sim or some kind of an occult? If they're an occult, please specify which.

Tag me with the answers. (also, sorry, but I'm crazy in this way)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited October 2019
    One of my favourite couples got engaged at the top of the Brindleton Bay lighthouse and I think that one is pretty popular.
    xXhtqB8.png

Other than that, I'm currently thinking about having my next sim to propose do it under one of those large trees that are in a few of the worlds, maybe as they are walking home from a nice dinner date or something like that. A nice spot in a park during a day in the park or a holiday proposal surrounded by family could also be fun. Your options depend on what packs you have, as nerdfashion mentioned, but the main way I make my proposals feel special is by having some sort of story, like proposing on a favourite holiday or in a spot that's special to the sims. Maybe they could go back to where they first met or their first date?

• Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My favourite engagement location is the Slyvan Glades secret lot in the base game. It is very pink, romantic and pretty and also private as no other sims are present.

My second favourite is in city living _- the skyline bar. Down the elevator end near the glass fencing. The view is wonderful and makes for good screenshots.

The wedding arch at the von haunt estate is in a beautiful setting ( if you have get together). It also can be good for the propose/ instsnt elope combination.90% of locations on the estate make good proposal locations as it is so beautiful.

If you have romantic garden pack - the lost garden of healing lot is gorgeous and another relatively private lot.

Finally, i go for the personally meaningful eg. Where they first met or first kissed etc.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Okay, in order to know the best location for them to get engaged, I need to know two things.

B. Are they a sim or some kind of an occult? If they're an occult, please specify which.

@nerdfashion
    Hey ;), I have all the packs WTE of the most recent magic GP. Oh, and they're both plain ole' muggle sims. ;P

@Rebbilina Beautiful pic! I haven't explored that world too much. I will check it out.

@Becka28 I'll scout those areas.

I'll let everyone know where here soon. Thank you for the suggestions.💛💛
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

@nerdfashion
    Hey ;), I have all the packs WTE of the most recent magic GP. Oh, and they're both plain ole' muggle sims. ;P

@Rebbilina Beautiful pic! I haven't explored that world too much. I will check it out.

@Becka28 I'll scout those areas.

I'll let everyone know where here soon. Thank you for the suggestions.💛💛

I for sure recommend doing it somewhere in Brindleton Bay. Club Calico is my favorite spot there, it's very romantic and classy. Then I also recommend a marriage in Myshuno Meadows, it's a perfect wedding venue.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    The Stargazer Bar in San Myshuno would make for good engagement screenshots.
    date1-e1525814776123.png?w=584

This spot in the garden by the Von Haunt estate is pretty, too.
    46293580aca84aa65fda34afe005720f410bc9a7.png

If you take your pictures with the ocean in the background, The Bluffs in Windenburg is scenic, as well. (The graffiti ruins the ruins, so to speak, if you face the other way.)
    aathebluffs.png?w=584
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Centre Park in San Myshuno is my go-to for engagements
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    stehlampestehlampe Posts: 20 Member
    For me it would be the light house or Club Calico (wedding arch nearby)in Brindelton Bay, Von Haunt Estate or the Bluffs in Windenburg, Sulani obviously has some beautiful spots (i go there for "vacations" on empty lots), Selvadorada or Granite Falls (so you can do it on a vacation), in a beautiful restaurant (where they went on their first date), etc.

For me personally it is just important that either the backdrop is beautiful (i like to make photos for the memory system and to hang on the walls of the house, especially with the new frames from Moschino stuff) or that it means something to the couple (my one couple met at vacation in Granite Falls and went their again for the Christmas holidays and then is when he proposed to her).

Hope that helps.