Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happens to Sims 4 Toddlers in game Should Stop.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I almost never take my parents out while they have children too young to join them. I have seen day care used literally once, because I make a point of keeping at least one parent, aunt/uncle, or teen sibling home with a toddler at all times. The exception was for a Volunteer As A Family whim shared by all old enough to have one, that seemed to justify a brief absence.

When my Sims are raising a family THAT is their priority, and EVERYTHING takes a back seat to child development. A three year old is not going to appreciate the old-world ambience and five-star cuisine at Chez La-Di-Dah. It will be there later.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I almost never take my parents out while they have children too young to join them. I have seen day care used literally once, because I make a point of keeping at least one parent, aunt/uncle, or teen sibling home with a toddler at all times. The exception was for a Volunteer As A Family whim shared by all old enough to have one, that seemed to justify a brief absence.

When my Sims are raising a family THAT is their priority, and EVERYTHING takes a back seat to child development. A three year old is not going to appreciate the old-world ambience and five-star cuisine at Chez La-Di-Dah. It will be there later.
    That's sad. My parents always took us places to eat when we were little. I hardly ever ate at five-star cuisine places. I grew up at the beach and honestly they are more chill about taking kids to restaurants with all the yummy Mexican and Seafood and Pizza places. Have a baby with you, no problem especially now of days when a lot of high chairs have clips to the car seats onto. I had so much fun splashing in the ocean when I was little and building sandcastles. Was neat going to the aquarium and zoo too. I mean my mom even went to Disneyworld when pregnant with me. I guess my family has just been that close spending time together whenever we could with all my cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. Anyway I know you are talking about Sims, just relating my real life experience. Thanks to Disneyworld I still crave churros.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I think you all are talking real life in comparison to Sims 4 familys going out to eat. I never had a problem taking my toddlers into a fancy restaurant in my real life, nor were we ever refused they were very accommodating to the little ones quickly bring out booster seats even bibs to protect their clothing, and yes the toddlers had their own plate served. I know this is the same in the Sims 4 creators' lives. So why not in Sims 4 game which is supposedly mimicking real life. The way they are ignored in Sims 4 restaurants is purely age discrimination.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

I agree with you on the little ones being the priority, this is How I am in my Sims 4 game. If both parents have a job, and a baby is born then one parent must stay home full time, until the baby is of school age. We do not have good childcare in Sims 4, the nannys are not at all trustworthy, and daycare is the same as nannies, both will and do abuse your toddlers. I have had so many bad experiences with nannies and daycare in Sims 4 games that's the reason I do not use them.
    I even made and Night Club in our gallery. (Don't Pay a Nanny Club)
    It is nice because you have a Night Club as well as a perfect area for your toddlers nearby and a bar, also its great for teens and grade school children while you're on a romantic date. The toddlers' area is well seen from the Nightclub , and from the Bar. So your toddlers are not neglected.

I made (Don't Pay a Nanny Club) because I was watching a Sims 4 play by play on Youtube, She was a single mom that truly loved her toddler twins, but they were being neglected by her leaving them too often with daycare so that she could go on dates, they looked so sad when she would return. She was struggling so much to have fun being a young single mom. This would have been perfect for her.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Few days ago I was playing and I saw something interesting....

I usually play a family of 4: father, mother, child and toddler. I always bring my toddler to the restaurants. And yes, at first they are automatically sent to the daycare. And yes, I also hate it. So everytime I just teleport them to the lot.

I always bring food from home for the toddler. I just put the food in their inventory and let them sit somewhere eat and after that, play.

BUT THIS TIME, when I was choosing food for my sims, my toddler appeared in the options! I was able to order food for her, and that food also came to the table. I have no idea if this was a bug.

I do have a screenshot of this, but I play on my bf's laptop and he's not home yet. I will post it later!

Do you think it is a bug?
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    I have a chef couple who recently purchased and built a restaurant from scratch. There's a separate living area in the basement, so they could take turns in greeting customers, tending to their needs and other activities. They have a toddler, who of course has her own toddler room downstairs.

Yet the moment they go to the restaurant lot to start running the restaurant and living there while doing that, I get a notification about toddler not being allowed on that lot and sent to daycare. I could still bring her back, although her icon stayed greyed out. She was carried downstairs where she was playing with the cats perfectly happily, until I had to go to build mode to fix something and when I came back, she was gone, and not able to be called back anymore.

By the time the customers had eaten and I could close the restaurant and go home, the daycare had turned her green needs to three red and three yellow and she was almost passing out on the sidewalk when I got home and she was returned.

Now I'm bringing just one parent to the restaurant to run it, another stays home with the toddler, but it's really sad that they can't do the live-in restauranteers family play with the toddler.

All of this just as another vote for removing the restaurant-toddler-ban, and giving another reason to do so.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I think many of the problems with toddlers is because of the game speed. For example I had twins just a few days ago and the warning that they need feeding just after they were born before the father was cooled down from excitement. Do we really know the needs of toddlers? No. We have to dedicate all our attention on them, be abit paranoid because we might miss changing diapers or feeding them. The clock of the game just works differently in such cases. Or when I put them into a baby chair, another household member INSTANTLY grabs them and then puts them down on the floor... because... why not? But that case is a general game issue of not assigning a cooldown on the next interaction that can affect that sim.
    This isnt limited to toddlers but many other activities that turn into bug reports because the devs just seem to copy the interaction code and only link the new animations associated with them. Instead they should change it that when I tell a sim to go to the robotics workstation to tinker then not other action can be assigned until its finished or canceled. But no, the sim always interrupts and wants to play basketball. Or a toddler must be taken out of a baby chair after two seconds in it. Or the needs go into turbo when leaving the lot with the toddler who will be taken away after the loading screen.

Did you see any of that in the streams? Of course not!
  • Options
    LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    I typically don't even use Resturants because they're so buggy and frustrating but I'm glad I don't since my toddlers not being included would probably make me ragequit tbh. My biggest pet peeve though is that there's no toddler park lot trait or something similar so we can have a place for toddlers to make friends their age.
  • Options
    llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    edited January 2020
    i don't even go to the restaurants anymore because of how buggy they are but, wow. i would act surprised, but y'all have to remember that this game is focused on young adults :/ they're probably not going to change this anytime soon
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv