Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Little Piece of England ~ A BACC

MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
qXS14JP.jpg

Due to losing the save game for my previous “A Little Piece of England”, I’ve started a new one with more-or-less the same founders and a couple of newbies. For the Introductory Week, I didn’t take any pictures, since this is purely for the group to get to know each other and therefore nothing exciting happened. From now onward, the households will be played on rotation, starting with George, and will be documented and told as a story.

Founders:
George Harrington
William & Emily Stanton
James & Claudia Worthington
Francis Stilton and his sister, Alexandra.

The story is also being posted on my blog, A Little Piece of England, and is a little way ahead of this thread at the moment. So if you don't mind mild spoilers, by all means read ahead.

Summary:
The group didn’t do bad for starting out with their accomplishments and goals.
Skills:
James: Level 5 Charisma
Francis: Level 6 Handiness
Alexandra: Level 5 Painting
Babies:
Elena Worthington, born to James and Claudia Worthington.
It was also decided that due to being the primary founder, George Harrington is to be the Duke of Beckwell but more on that later.

*Index*

Round 1 ~ {Harrington} {Stanton}
*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
Post edited by MissyHissy on

Comments

• Options
    Round 1 ~ Harrington
    We kick off the first round with the Harrington household.

53aUb6j.jpg
    The house I've moved into is rather magnificent by any standards. Of course, it's lacking a little furniture here and there and the upstairs hasn't quite been decorated yet. Once I finish it, it will be a stately home worth anything my father could have purchased. It's rather delightful, to tell the truth.
    Of course, when Emily and William invited me to their rather more modest home, I graciously accepted their invitation. We're all in this together, are we not? There's nothing at all wrong with their dinky little hallway, as I told them. It's very quaint.

zBsVj7Y.jpg
    William invited me to partake in a rousing game of Monopoly. Now, I'm never one to boast but I have always been rather good at Monopoly. The thought of owning an entire street and charging rent for visiting appeals to the capitalist part of my mental make up. William never could understand that. I suppose that comes from going to Cambridge. After all, how many top politicians come from Cambridge, I ask you? Or business entrepreneurs? No, they all come from good old Oxford, don't you know. Most amusing.

UcDJPLW.jpg
    Having won a most excellent game of Monopoly, I set off for home in the glorious afternoon sunshine. Indeed, it was a most beautiful day and a light snow began to fall as I strolled home, feeling rather accomplished. After all, this is something my father never said I could ever accomplish. I would be most amused to see his face if he could see me and my companions now. They all said we'd never survive these conditions but look at me now! Was there ever such a most excellent afternoon?

ZZeQ4Kb.jpg
    Naturally, the evenings will always be a little more difficult. One has to adapt to one's circumstances. I just never realised the evenings could be this...dark. But come now, one must muddle through. After all, I have nothing to complain about. Warm clothes, a comfortable chair, a roaring fire and nice bowl of...yoghurt, I believe it's referred to as. Delicious though, don't get me wrong. I can't understand why I'd never heard of it before!

q6qpTDH.jpg
    Thank Heavens for Francis and his delightful sister, Alexandra. They came to visit me as they only live along the road. What a sporting thing to do. Francis is one of my dearest friends. We went through school together, although sadly he never accompanied me to Oxford. He never even went to Cambridge, would you believe. No, no University education for Francis, I'm afraid. His family simply couldn't afford it. Such a shame, he has such potential. He is, however, frightfully good with wood and carving and such things. James and William both think he has the very real potential of producing decent electricity and plumbing to this dinky little settlement before long.
    I do hope so.

PHxh3be.jpg
    We talk over this delicious fruit cake Alexandra brought. It was truly wonderful and I praised her continuously. Sadly, Francis doesn't posses the refined palate I have for tasteful delicacies and appeared to be less than enamoured with his sister's culinary efforts. You have to admire the dear girl, for producing something delicious when we have no heat, electricity or even gas. Quite remarkable.

nSVKSpA.jpg
    I discovered a frightfully good little pastime for the evenings, when it is a little darker. Emily introduced me to the delights of yoga and I must say I'm rather partial to it. It not only keeps me warm in front of the fire during the cold evenings but it will keep me fit and healthy. Since I am rather averse to running, lifting weights and any other such exercise, this is perfection.

EPAjr3A.jpg
    A few days after settling in and Alexandra called round to see me again. She really is rather beautiful and as her brother and I are old friends, I think it would be quite appropriate for us to begin seeing one another in a rather more...social context. After all, it does get rather lonely in this large house and I for one would really appreciate the company of a good and beautiful woman.

6GVnkx3.jpg
    Several days have passed and while we still have no electricity, I have been thinking. It was decided amongst my companions and I that I should assume to title and responsibilities of Duke of Beckwell. The responsibilities of a Duke are many but I really feel as though I ought to be doing something toward the community myself. Of course, my priority would be electricity but Francis appears to have taken that responsibility on himself. I suppose now I should focus of healthcare. The best way to do that would be the opening of a hospital. Now, that requires logical thinking before I jump straight into methodology.
    However, a Duke cannot take such decisions lightly. Every good Duke needs a Duchess...

e6ja8DN.jpg
    My first instinct, as an honourable gentleman and a Duke, is to seek out Francis and speak with him about the possibility of my marrying his sister. However when I arrive at the Stilton house, only the lovely Alexandra is home. She and I have a variety of lovely discussions about Beckwell, our hopes for its future and the ridiculousness of my family. She is a wonderful listener and somehow, I just can't help myself around her.

ZoHOxlh.jpg
    What is it about Alexandra that makes me lose my composure? I pride myself in never having lost my head over a woman yet something about her makes me weak beyond belief. One look for her strips me defenceless and I lose all control of my thoughts.. I am partially disgusted with myself for allowing her charms to sweep me into her bed, particularly since this is completely unbeknown to Francis but I just can't help myself.
    Could she really be the future Duchess of Beckwell?

Lwjlboa.jpg
    After such a night of passion, there is only one thing to do. I wish I could have asked her brother's permission but I'm afraid I cannot wait that long. I am about to go against all my principles, my beliefs and my upbringing and ask the beautiful Alexandra to be my lawful wedded wife.

6jHclFl.jpg
    We're planning a short engagement. After all, there's no time to lose. There are many things to be done in Beckwell and I finally understand my inability to function or focus on any one of them most recently. I need to have this beautiful woman, the future Duchess of Beckwell, by my side to navigate this new venture together. The positives along with the negatives, the good and the bad, the sickness and the health.
    The small matter of a lack of funding has nothing whatsoever to do with the short engagement or the simple wedding arrangements. Or the lack of an exotic honeymoon. Nothing at all.

3GgkTtR.jpg

2r92E8k.jpg
    "I, George Harrington, Duke of Beckwell, take you, Alexandra Stilton, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honour you all the days of my life.”

Dnh3rgQ.jpg
    After the wedding, Alexandra and I enjoyed some quiet time away from the house, listening to the sound of the fountain behind us and marvelling in the beauty of the night.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for celebrating the marriage between myself and Alexandra, the new Duchess of Beckwell.

yp1VyG3.jpg
    As we have no money or transportation for a honeymoon, Alexandra suggested we makeover the bedroom a little and design a more conducive atmosphere. She rounded it off with one of her own paintings. Rather fitting, don't you think? She's such a talented artist. She's going to set up her own foundation, the Arti Aestimationis Foundation, designed to help struggling artists. Now that's the sort of work I expect from a Duchess. This will be perfection.

ajPyVkw.jpg
    Our wedding was appropriately followed by Love Day. As such, the Duchess and I spent most of the day enjoying each others company and our new bedroom.
    When we finally surfaced, we discussed the affairs of Beckwell and it's growing need for healthcare. Alexandra suggested I take up a form of herbalism, to begin exploring and experimenting with herbal remedies that may be produced in a new hospital eventually. This does all sound rather wonderful. I could even be the founder and patron of the Association of Doctors and Nurses. Now that would be something to take pride over, would it not?

Tlwb3Jl.jpg
    And it is here we leave the Duke and Duchess of Beckwell after a week in their company.

Quarterly Summary:
    Skills:
    George achieved level 5 in logic and level 3 in charisma. As such, he didn't unlock anything new this week.
    Alexandra reached level 6 in painting but didn't unlock anything this week.
    Weddings: Between George Harrington and Alexandra Stilton.
    Babies: None.
  • Options
    Round 1 ~ Stanton
    Summer, Week 1, Year 1

Up next: a week with Stantons! The narration will swap between William and Emily at varying points.
    TH99vkU.jpg
    William’s POV
    Grilled fruit? Before this venture, I had never once considered grilling fruit. Well, one wouldn’t, would one? Fruit is meant to tastefully decorate a table, having been artfully arranged by a person with taste. It is for consumption, part of a delightful dessert to an exquisite dinner to which the sort of person who would actually entertain the idea of grilling fruit would not be invited.
    My opinion on this matter is somewhat more positive than my dear Emily’s. Having been raised in quite the household, she’s not accustomed to these sorts of inconveniences.
    That aside, this venture is a rather daring one, by any standards. To be completely fair, I did wholeheartedly agree with George when he suggested this scheme. After all, my own father made it more than clear that I was not welcome in the family, having gone to Cambridge instead of Oxford, like my forefathers. Stuffy lot.

FdLqBCc.jpg
    This entire venture has been a breath of fresh air in many ways. I enjoy a run every morning, a habit I developed at university and one which, if I do say so myself, has rather improved my physique. My darling Emily is determined to make the most of the fresh, beautiful country air and develop her own routine. I understand she even introduced George to the delights of her yoga routines.
    This may not be so bad.

9WbfDKm.jpg
    The fresh air is so invigorating, isn’t it? Emily and I certainly have a lot more energy these days. Perhaps it is also the change of diet? Either way, it’s a refreshing change.

Ymxe4rt.jpg
    Emily’s POV
    If my mother had ever told me I would one day be washing my clothes by hand and hanging them on a washing line in my own back garden, I would have delicately laughed and pretended not to have heard her. This would be so vulgar, in her eyes. The end of the world, as it were.
    Whilst I am not entirely enamoured with my change of circumstances, I could not, in good conscience, stay in London with my parents’ attitude dripping down her expensive (if faded) damask walls.

axx28Al.jpg
    Darling George pops round to visit quite regularly. In spite of his recent wedding to Alexandra, he still seems a little lonely in that big house. He’s anxious to get some development going in these parts and I suppose it’s the inner Duke coming out. He always wants to be doing something, never satisfied where he is, the poor lamb. Still, he has a good heart and he’s one of William’s closest friends.

n6v95gz.jpg
    Of course, I recently had some fabulous news for William. The house of Stanton will continue for another generation and neither I nor William can contain our excitement. Of course, we will need to decorate a darling little nursery but as I have taken up my old hobby of photography again, I’m certain we shall do quite nicely.

uQdvB0g.jpg
    Now there’s another hobby mother never approved of – gardening. “We pay someone very handsomely to tend the gardens, Emily dear, I can’t understand why you would want to do it yourself. So much dirt, so much messing about. Quite unnecessary, darling.” She never understood the peace, tranquillity and sheer joy of tending your own garden. I don’t recall she ever admired the flowers that much either, unless they were trimmed and in an expensive vase for everyone to admire.
    Well I’m going to be different. I’m going to grow lots of flowers, in my own garden, and I shall enjoy every moment of them.

qSOlVry.jpg
    William’s POV
    George was very excited by our news of a new arrival. He’d hoping Alexandra may have some similar news in the not too distant future, which would be fabulous. After all, Claudia and James had baby Elena recently and it would be super if the babies grew up together, as we did.

q6AQINN.jpg
    I remember my childhood nanny talking about the importance of reading to young children and I don’t think you could start too early. Emily can’t quite understand why I need to read to our unborn baby but to me, it is of the greatest importance. I want this child to understand the fundamentals of life at the earliest possible age.

DsBKeuW.jpg
    Towards the latter stages of her pregnancy, Emily became more and more uncomfortable. I admit to being something of a secret expert at massages and soothed away the aches, pains, stresses and strains of her condition. Particularly as I feel more than a little responsible but equally helpless. She accomplishes so much every day she carries her precious cargo and I feel so…useless because there’s very little I can do for her.

hoCSyzs.jpg
    As her due dates tiptoes ever closer and the summer gets hotter, I comfort her the very best I can.
    One thing has been preying on my mind for a while now – what kind of father will I be?

OTMF2VQ.jpg
    iefIhC2.jpg
    Emily’s POV
    She’s arrived! She’s perfect. Our beautiful baby girl, Soley Stanton, arrived early this morning. This precious, tiny bundle is so beautiful. My mother never told me how strongly I would love my baby when the time came. She never prepared me for this. I am lost for words.

xoK9763.jpg
    Soley has started out as a very content baby and a very soft, cuddly baby too. That first rush of love for my new baby has only strengthened as the days go by while she settles into a routine.

ASYyxg7.jpg
    In spite of his early concerns, William has turned into a super father. He talks to Soley all the time, just as he insisted he would. He’s so very proud of his little daughter. If only his own father could see him now, leaning over the cot and talking to her as she drinks in her surroundings. If his father were here now, I can only hope he’d change his opinion of William.

qHuHzA0.jpg
    I am determined to get back into my fitness routine. After all, I spent days talking up the benefits of yoga to George before he moved into Beckwell house and I am hardly a good advertisement for the practice if I don’t settle into my routine post-birth, am I?

n4d6F38.jpg
    William’s POV
    The middle of the summer brought heavy thunderstorms to Beckwell. Soley was startled by them and with Emily struggling to catch up on lost sleep, I stayed vigil throughout the day and watched over my baby daughter as the lightening flashed and the thunder rolled outside her window. I find I’ve taken great comfort in reading since Emily’s pregnancy and it’s a hobby I’ve been continuing since Soley’s birth.

immnmHF.jpg
    Emily’s been appreciating my help with Soley. She’s finally caught up on the sleep she lost in the immediate aftermath of the birth and things have settled back into their normal routine.
    The most peculiar thing is happening though. Through these early stages of Soley’s life, I feel less and less like my old self. My family, my childhood, my schooling. They just don’t appear to be as important to me as I first thought. I never considered this when I struck out on my own. Well, one wouldn’t, would one?

cOXEa4C.jpg
    I find myself more spontaneous, even reckless at times. The old William would never dream of taking risks in any shape or form.

uLoYRXT.jpg
    My spontaneity has inspired me to try my hand at writing some day. My new passion for reading has expanded to Emily’s romance novels. I find them heart-warming and so very different from the relationship my own parents had. They’re a delight to read and I find myself ever more inspired to begin my own creative journey through the art of the written word.

eYfAWxb.jpg
    Emily’s POV
    In the midst of the raging thunder, Claudia arrived on the doorstep, to meet Soley. So far, nobody had met my baby yet. I don’t quite feel ready to show her off to everybody. I’ve turned George down twice in the past few days but being such a wonderful friend, he has understood completely. So Claudia’s arrival on our doorstep isn’t quite what I was expecting, nor welcoming. However, being the ever gracious hostess, I allow her inside.

n6stvfC.jpg
    Claudia, it turned out, had received the most frightful telling off from George about her lack of action towards the goals our Duke has set out for our group. She wasn’t remotely interested in seeing Soley and instead wanted to unload some of the work to me! Thankfully, she didn’t stay long when she realised tofu dogs were the only food on offer in the house. The cheek of it!

MPixcol.jpg
    BC0UvKE.jpg
    vk6XdHe.jpg
    It’s Saturday night and William and I finally have some time to ourselves. Soley’s been fed and is asleep and Claudia’s visit is far from our minds.
    “What would you like to do tonight, William, my love?” I ask.
    “I think you know what I’d like to do, Emily…”

qrewvQh.jpg
    “Are you going to buy Trafalgar Square or not?”
    “I’m thinking, darling. Don’t rush me.”

Quarterly Summary
    Skills:
    William achieved level 3 in Fitness and level 3 in Charisma. As such, he didn’t unlock anything this week.
    Emily achieved level 4 in Gardening and level 2 in Photography. As such, she didn’t unlock anything this week.
    Weddings: None.
    Babies: Soley Stanton.