Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2019 (Patch Is Out)

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    edited October 2019
    3KNPen wrote: »
    People might not realize that you need to put the candy bowl out to trigger the event?

I've always had the bowl out and decorations up, active household in costume etc. No one ever comes to the door :(
    People might not realize that you need to put the candy bowl out to trigger the event?

I've always had the bowl out and decorations up, active household in costume etc. No one ever comes to the door :([/quote]

I actually am currently having Spooky Day occur in my Super Save save. I had the Trick or Treat tradition along with a bunch of others because my sim Barbie (it seemed fitting for a Super Sim lol) currently lives in an apartment and I figured she wouldn't get anyone since she couldn't place it outside her house but I had her get a candy bowl so I could have her interact with it and then suddenly at like 5pm I started to have a whole stream of kids/teens start streaming uninvited into her house cross over to use the candy bowl and then leave after they were done. It's the most I've ever had in a game too so that was interesting and unexpected. She was dressed in costume so maybe your sim has to be in costume to trigger the trick or treaters to appear? She didn't interact with them at all but they did count for the tradition though she'd already completed other traditions for the holiday.[/quote]

I think the trick or treating in The Sims 4 is Bugged. It's not triggering for a lot of people even with the candy bowl. Prehaps one of the patches broke that feature.

By the way I see the quoting feature is broken.