Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about World Adventures

So I've been working in Egypt with my Sim and this is her third time there finishing up questlines and such. I'm just wondering if later I want to return with a different generation...do all these tombs and stuff reset? Or will they still be already open and completed?
angrycat.gif

Comments

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited September 2019
    I've seen both. I've seen tombs reset when I return during the same visit, and I've seen tombs open when I got the same quest for a different sim (the rewards were there though). No idea how it's supposed to be.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I use NRAAS Traveler mod so that might make a difference to an unmodded game - but - I've noticed when revisiting with new sims, they can still get the adventures from the adventure board, but the tombs are done. The sims still need to use the specified keystone to get into the tombs, but they can just go straight in and grab the relic, or whatever it is they need, and go and report in with it. There are other treasures scattered about but not to the extent there is the first time through. I did at first wish the tombs were completely reset but then decided it is a great time saver as there really is no need to go through all of those puzzles again each time you want to take a new sim adventuring.

• Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Summerbear5 - Sorry, I won't be of any help to you since I haven't had WA installed for a couple of years now.

However, if the tombs don't reset, there are some simmer made tombs which could be added to your game for additional adventures if you wanted to go that route. Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Yea I noticed the traps being down and doors all open when I took my Sim back a second and third time, but I figured it was because I kept bringing the same Sim back. So that kinda stinks if I bring a different Sim from a different generation that the worlds don't reset.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This page from our site is not a very good example of something that is formatted properly and easy to read, it got damaged in the transition from the old site to our new one and is one of many we still need to fix up. But if you scroll down a bit, you will find some tips on how to reset the tomb-related opportunities for future visitors.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/Travel-Vacation-Moving

One could also dump the entire instance of the WA world in question from one's game save folder thus forcing a new one to spawn to take its place, but it will have the same sims in it that the first one did at their original ages. Many players who have interacted with the locals or brought some of them to their homeworlds might find that more than a bit unsettling for their ongoing multi-generational games.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Thank you @igazor
    angrycat.gif