Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recipes safe for Children of the Ocean.

ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
I've wondered what recipes are safe for sims with the Child of the Ocean trait. Obviously, the various fish dishes would upset them, but something surprising happened recently in my save. Turns out that Cioppino doesn't trigger the uncomfortable buff. Cioppino, a fish stew from San Fransisco. Are there any other dishes that Children of the Ocean can eat that surprise you?
e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
Let those smiles spread!

Comments

• Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    The Kalua "PORK". The dish made of PORK makes Child of the Ocean very uncomfortable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    The Kalua "PORK". The dish made of PORK makes Child of the Ocean very uncomfortable.

Wait, really? I’ve fed this dish to two different mermaids with that trait (Nalani and different one who doesn’t have the Child of the Islands) and neither of them had any issues with it.
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited September 2019

Wait, really? I’ve fed this dish to two different mermaids with that trait (Nalani and different one who doesn’t have the Child of the Islands) and neither of them had any issues with it.

Please do check on Nalani's reaction. I once held the dinner party with this dish, Nalani is the guest, but for some very weird reason Nalani refuse to eat that dish. Other dish like Rack of Lamb, she has no problem but only this local island dish she has strong debuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited September 2019

Please do check on Nalani's reaction. I once held the dinner party with this dish, Nalani is the guest, but for some very weird reason Nalani refuse to eat that dish. Other dish like Rack of Lamb, she has no problem but only this local island dish she has strong debuff.

I just checked by loading the household she lives in and having her eat some and she only got the good food and Island food moodlets.

Edit: I tried with a spellcaster who had the “Child of the Ocean” trait and she didn’t care either.