Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hit game over real quick

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
Why? Because my sims are obsessed with back floating in the pool to the point they'll do it to exhaustion and drown. Once the first one drowned they started dropping like flies. I was just letting the game run. I saved when I saw it could potentially end in death. Anyone else had sims obsessed with doing one thing that it kills them?

EDIT: I ended up with a pool of floating dead bodies
EDIT: I reloaded the save and got the same result, even synchronised drowning at one point

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I find that certain traits will cause a sim to become obsessed with certain things or doing certain things even to the determent to their health. Before asking which trait would cause those, well it all depends on what they are doing.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The VR gaming machine is a killer. They just keep playing until dead.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yeah, that's what ended my asylum challenge.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Don't think I ever had a sim die from anything but old age (or with my help). And only saw a couple sims back floating. I noticed that a tired sim might choose back floating in stead of going to bed, if I click the icon on the needs bar instead of clicking on bed, so started clicking on bed directly if I want them to sleep.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited September 2019
    CursedDice wrote: »
    Why? Because my sims are obsessed with back floating in the pool to the point they'll do it to exhaustion and drown. Once the first one drowned they started dropping like flies. I was just letting the game run. I saved when I saw it could potentially end in death. Anyone else had sims obsessed with doing one thing that it kills them?

EDIT: I ended up with a pool of floating dead bodies
    EDIT: I reloaded the save and got the same result, even synchronised drowning at one point

Well, not the floating on back interaction, but I've had to pull my Sims from just sitting on the edge of the pool with their legs dangling in the middle of a blizzard, before. Yeah, this is my Global Superstar. True enough he was having problems of a romantic nature, but I can see no reason for him to try to freeze himself to death! :open_mouth:

2K4lZmN.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2019
    I had one of my Sims drown due to being exhausted and deciding to backfloat instead of going to bed. It was during my first try at the Free Will Experience challenge. It happened during a thunderstorm too! All I could do is watch since I couldn't control her. It was so heartbreaking... :'( Backfloat is fine if you're controlling your Sims and they're not tired. But if they have full autonomy, some Sims just can't resist the incredibly strong lure of backfloating. They'll do it despite the weather and to the detriment of all their other needs until it kills them.

If you want to read the details of how it happened to my Sim, Whitney, here's a link in the spoiler.
    Scroll down if you don't care to read the whole thing to about halfway, begins when she jumps in the pool the first time:

TS4 Free Will Experience - Day 5

For my second try with a group of eight instead of four, I didn't give them a pool just for this reason. BTW, I couldn't bring myself to save for this day either. Whitney is still alive and well in my custom template save along with her co-contestants and Ziggy.

Also, if you want to check out the challenge and try it yourself, here's a link to the thread on here:

A Free Will Experience (Inspired by Other Free Will Challenges) playtested and developed by @BreeMiles @ADWilson and their Discord group.

In my opinion, the Devs need to tweak the coding for backfloating to make it not so irresistible to our Sims.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    This is why its a game Sims AI is stupid they don't think very good, good thing the players are there to save them.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."