Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Mods/CC (post-Rom)??

Sorry I'm sure there are already many threads for this, but since they're often older I'm not sure if the mods / cc still exist, if they cause issues with RoM or another one of the newer patches, etc.

Anyhoo, I have added the Pufferhead SP (thanks again @GrumpyGlowfish I <3 it!!!), the Cottage Garden SP & the Windenburg University SP (btw does anyone know if this functions like a mod? Is there a lot I need to download?).

I have also added Slice of Life and I think it's very fun xD

So my question is: besides MCCC (already know that one :D), what other CC packs or mods would you recommend? Preferably Maxis match, not toooo far out there (there are some very strange mods that are a little too realistic and probably can't be mentioned here anyway), and that you know work well right now?

Would love to hear your suggestions, this is new for me :sweat_smile:

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Have you tried Triplis' Sorcerer mod? It's been updated for RoM:

https://triplis.github.io/mods/sorcerer.html
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2019
    I definitely recommend checking out jools-simming's Drifter's Wonders. It was created long before Realm of Magic but fits it perfectly. Still some of my favorite custom content of all time. :)
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    02frostbite02frostbite Posts: 4 New Member
    I recently installed the NateTheL0ser's Chat Pack mod. It's a really basic mod but adds a bit more realism and immersion. I don't even notice it but if I deleted it, I'd definitely miss it.
    http://modthesims.info/d/627991/chat-pack-more-social-interactions-for-your-sims-v1-8-optional-chilled-out-amp-super-chilled-out-versions.html
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions! All of these sound great!

@02frostbite do you know if that mod conflicts with the Slice of Life mod? Sounds like they might affect similar things in game. I'll be sure to check it out though!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    I downloaded mods to keep the existing premades from being turned into spellcasters and to keep them from entering the portal to the magic realm. I'd say those are my best post RoM mods. I don't want to see the Goths or any other well known family in the magic realm. It's just not what I had planned for their lives and I don't like having it forced on me.

Downloading lilsimsies magic realm made a big difference to my game. It replaces the boring empty premade magical building that Maxis placed in the magic realm with a much more detailed building.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    @SimTrippy Nope, it's a basic text mod, I doubt it would conflict with anything really.
  • Options
    @SimTrippy Nope, it's a basic text mod, I doubt it would conflict with anything really.

Nice, looks great! Which edition would you recommend (normal / chilled out / super chilled out)?
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Do you have roburky's meaningful stories mod? Very nice as it overhauls mood bluffs better and sims can have lingering moods as they continue be completely over their current one. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Nice, looks great! Which edition would you recommend (normal / chilled out / super chilled out)?

I'd say go with the normal version, if you feel the buffs are a bit strong you can always change it to chill versions :)
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @02frostbite I did! Although idk if any convo options came up yet, or I must have missed them?

@LadyKyn thank you for reminding me!! I knew I'd heard about something like this but forgot what it was called. Just downloaded it! Do you happen to know if it conflicts with any of the mods mentioned here? Or with Shimrod's "HappyBuffsChangedToFine" mod? I'm pretty sure it works with SoL?

@Sharonia "Say it with me, it's a SAVE, not a mod!" xD I love Lilsimsie's saves! I usually only download them to transfer a few of her build to my own saves, but I think they're well done. I might one day start a whole new game in one, but I'd probably replace some of her stuff with my much beloved restaurants <3 Thanks for the RoM mod ideas! I'll have a look. So far I've only played with spellcasters in a new save where I don't mind who becomes a spellcaster, but I don't want this to happen in my other save.

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    i believe it does conflict with that. you shouldnt need it as with the buffs being redone a lot of them are made to be fine rather than happy and sims can have a true happiness moment. This really balances sims emotions out better.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    i believe it does conflict with that. you shouldnt need it as with the buffs being redone a lot of them are made to be fine rather than happy and sims can have a true happiness moment. This really balances sims emotions out better.

You're probably right, I had the same thought when I looked at the in-game menu. Will be removing Shimrod's mod then. :D
  • Options
    Hey thanks again guys for all your suggestions. Been playing with the Meaningful Stories mod quite a bit and I love it :love:
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

You're probably right, I had the same thought when I looked at the in-game menu. Will be removing Shimrod's mod then. :D

I have used Shimrod’s mod, darn happy-buffs, and this works great. Roburky has the remove-happy-stuff build into the mod. You even get a notification when it is possible to download a upgrade to the mod. It has quickly become one of my must-have-mods.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I have used Shimrod’s mod, darn happy-buffs, and this works great. Roburky has the remove-happy-stuff build into the mod. You even get a notification when it is possible to download a upgrade to the mod. It has quickly become one of my must-have-mods.

Indeed I took it out too! And was surprised when I got the message saying a newer version of the mod was available for download. The emotions work so much better with this mod, it's a real joy to play. Just wish the devs could take note and code this stuff into the game themselves. I also combine it with SoL although I've taken out things like acne, infections and the period. But I do like some other parts of SoL and they work well enough together :)