Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic [Multiple Suggestions]

JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hello!

I bought Realm of Magic the other day and I’m loving it! I’ve always been a fan of magical Sims from Makin’ Magic to Supernatural so I’m glad the Guru’s created the game pack BUT (pretty sure there’s always improvements) I feel it lacks that extra bit of what Sims is!

Below I’ve come up with a few suggestions that could be implemented to make RoM that extra bit exciting and magical:

Magical Career:

I feel an active career would’ve been amazing with this pack and I was thinking something along the lines of a
Magical Law Enforcer. It would be your job to rid of dark magic from the realm which you have to work your way up from the bottom and then become Law Enforcment Leader. If that doesn’t take your fancy maybe join the Spellcaster’s Magical Government? This could be a rabbit hole career but eventually you could be a Magical Minister for the Magical Government?

Quest:

I think a huge quest would’ve been a bonus feature where your sim will have to investigate dark magic in the realm & defeat bad spellcasters. Something like the plant storyline from StrangerVille but longer.

Bonehilda:

In all the magic occult sim packs Bonehilda was added, I think leaving her behind was a bad idea and she should be added. Just extra bony!

Extra magical outfits in CAS:

I know this is just a game pack but more magical looking outfits could’ve been created like wizard looking cloaks and hats. For BOTH male and female.

Although I’ve come across a few bugs that I’ve reported, these are a few of the suggestions I think would be beneficial to the pack. It’s a fun, vibrant game and I’m glad it’s finally been created. Let me know your opinions and I hope some of these suggestions will be added if they’re good enough!

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    RoM would have been a great time to reintroduce Bonehilda. :)

I like many of your other ideas as well. All except for the story-based one. The developers should leave the storytelling up to the player. Or, if they must add storytelling, provide the option to completely turn it off. (Strangerville!)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I think leaving Bonehilda out was a bad mistake. Maybe we'll get her as a Halloween freebie
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    hbenedict12hbenedict12 Posts: 4 New Member
    I really have been enjoying RoM, but some of the spells really fall flat. I expected spells like Minionize would give more options than forcing sims to make food and clean... I want sims to do my gardening, search for items...etc same for the duplicating spell, my clone should be able to do everything the original does...we already have great spells for cooking and cleaning, this was really disappointing to me.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    something I noticed was said elsewhere today..give children of the occult ability to DO stuff
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Love being able to make a magical simple.
    Dislike my human households being randomly turned into spellcasters.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Magical options for children and a residential lot in the magic realm are the things I miss most.
    I don't need children to have access to all the magic, just a few options appropriate for their age. Like a spell to finish homework. And let them drink the potions, like the potion of plentiful needs, even if it would have to be always the positive outcome.
    And the magic realm is such a unique surrounding, just like sixam it is a missed opportunity not to be able to live there, or add a community lot of our choice.

But more or better spells like a weather spell are welcome too. And making the outdoor herbalism potions in the cauldron would have been a nice touch to combine packs.

And lastly hybrids. Why can't we combine this with other occults, especially when spellcasters don't take a second form. So there should be no conflict with the second form of other occults. All we needed was access to the spellcaster perks and the vampire perks at the same time. Of all the occults, this would have been the one to profit most from hybrids.
  • Options
    SelinaSelina Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree with children being able to use magic, even to a limited extent. Also, I’d love to have the option to send children and teens to a magic school instead of regular school.

And a magical lot trait, please!
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I was so disappointed to discover my tiny spellcasters had practically no access to their magic abilities. I agree it doesn't make sense for children to have full range access to spells and perks (I'm imagining an ill-intentioned youngster gleefully minionizing their parents, or inferniating their homework--hmm...story idea), but they should be able to perform minor spells or even have their own kid-friendly versions of spells. Plus it's annoying I can't have my adult sims cast harmless spells like scruberoo on the kiddos, because what parent would not employ that given the opportunity? "Oh, you need a diaper change? Scruberoo!" (It is probably a good thing I am not a mother.)

I love the idea of a magic school! One of the reasons I was so disappointed kids couldn't use magic was because I was setting up my own Simified version of Hogwarts where adult spellcasters could train budding sorcerers.

Magical Law Enforcer and dark magic quests? Yes please! I thoroughly enjoyed the Strangerville storyline and something similar for the Realm of Magic pack would be...magical. (I'm so sorry, I'll leave now.)
  • Options
    NoahBangsNoahBangs Posts: 91 Member
    I'm hoping for a redux of Makin' Magic in the future. I'd love to return to magic town and do all the stuff I use to when I was a kid.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Magical options for children and a residential lot in the magic realm are the things I miss most.
    I don't need children to have access to all the magic, just a few options appropriate for their age. Like a spell to finish homework. And let them drink the potions, like the potion of plentiful needs, even if it would have to be always the positive outcome.

Okay, I'm sorry to derail this a bit but I have to ask...

why is everyone obsessed with kids having a magical way to complete homework? Was it in a previous version of the Sims? Is it in some kids magic series I'm not familar with?

Because it just strikes me as illogical and pointless. Illogical, because as far as I know no adult spell checks off any job's daily task, so why would kids get something adults don't? And pointless because I'm pretty sure doing homework increases the kid's mental skill, so why skip that just to fill in a check box? Not to mention a complete lack of story sense, as the kid didn't actually do the homework, so couldn't learn from it (even if all they were learning is how to make the rule(s) rote.) Maybe if (with Parenthood installed) using magic gave the kid a responsibility hit, it might make some sort of sense. I can even see some sort of Repario-lite on school projects (again from parenthood) to up their quality.

But still, surely there must be more interesting spells for kids to have instead? Conjure Deserts? (slice of cake, serving of cookies, bowl of ice cream...) Turn a person blue/green/bright pink as a prank? Something.

I mean, I agree that kids should have had at least kid sized spells (though Scruberoo strikes me as a full adult spell that kids would like) and be able to use some of the potions. I just... get confused when people want kids to have a spell that does their homework for them.