Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim can't learn three spells [Solved]

SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
My sim is a Virtuoso in Spellcasting, and she knows all the spells and potion recipes except: Rite of Ascension, Strangeify, and Duplicato. I can't find the books for her to learn these spells. She's supposed to be a teacher/mentor to young spellcasters. I tried to have her duel each Sage for Knowledge but it says she already knows everything.

Does anyone know how to get her to learn these spells? Are there not any books for them? Any help is much appreciated.
Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My sim is a Virtuoso in Spellcasting, and she knows all the spells and potion recipes except: Rite of Ascension, Strangeify, and Duplicato. I can't find the books for her to learn these spells. She's supposed to be a teacher/mentor to young spellcasters. I tried to have her duel each Sage for Knowledge but it says she already knows everything.

Does anyone know how to get her to learn these spells? Are there not any books for them? Any help is much appreciated.

If those are the last spells in each of the three disciplines, they can only be taught by each respective sage. Go to each one and locate the command in their pie menu under MAGIC. Good luck.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited September 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

If those are the last spells in each of the three disciplines, they can only be taught by each respective sage. Go to each one and locate the command in their pie menu under MAGIC. Good luck.

Ok, thanks! I'll try that.
    Edit: It worked. Thanks again, @Dannydanbo
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    LizvevoLizvevo Posts: 1 New Member
    my sim is a virtuoso and can't learn any more spells for some reason because she "needs to rank up" is there a way to fix this??
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited January 2020
    Lizvevo wrote: »
    my sim is a virtuoso and can't learn any more spells for some reason because she "needs to rank up" is there a way to fix this??

Make sure she gets that message for all 3 spell types. If she does you need to gain exp by either experimenting on the cauldron, practising magic anyway, (she won't learn new spells but she will gain exp), generally using magic, or talking to the sages and asking for magical training. Having the perks that increase exp gain through research, talking to other spellcasters etc, also helps. Once she levels she will be able to learn new spells.

Edit: D'oh I forgot Virtuoso is the top level. In this case you are probably trying to learn spells from a school you already know all the spells of. Try checking your spell book to see which school the missing spells belong to and practise that school. The other possibility is that it is the 'Ultimate" spells of each school you are missing. You can only learn these from the sages and would need to go talk to each of them.
  • Options
    ElfRoseElfRose Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > My sim is a Virtuoso in Spellcasting, and she knows all the spells and potion recipes except: Rite of Ascension, Strangeify, and Duplicato. I can't find the books for her to learn these spells. She's supposed to be a teacher/mentor to young spellcasters. I tried to have her duel each Sage for Knowledge but it says she already knows everything.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to get her to learn these spells? Are there not any books for them? Any help is much appreciated.

My sim is the same, the same three spells. I have no idea how to get her to learn them.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Go to the Magic Realm. Find a sage. Ask to learn the ultimate spell for that sage's school of magic. You probably need to be at least Friends and maybe Good Friends with the sage.