Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Master Vampires can't hang laundry on clothesline

lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943342/my-sim-wont-put-laundry-on-clothes-line
I saw this thread but didn't reply to it because of the prohibition on necroposting, even though it's apparently a current issue. (Also, why is PC/Mac gameplay bugs grayed out as a choice? This would fit there.) They don't seem to think that the issue might be related to the Sim being a master vampire, but since mine also is, I think it's somehow connected.

My Sim is living off the grid and using the wash tub and clothesline. She had no problem until she became a master vampire. Now she suddenly can't hang up the laundry, she just drops it on the ground. I tried the things suggested in that thread, but none worked. I've resorted to selling the laundry piles to get rid of them. When I get tired of that, I guess I'll just remove the wash tub. Has anyone else had this problem, and did you ever find a way to make it work?

The bug report in the other thread isn't the same issue (that one was clothing becoming invisible on the line), so I attempted to post my own, but there is no option to submit right now for some reason.
Gallery ID: LadyGray01
Post edited by lisamwitt on

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes, since I posted that thread I have had the same issue with my grand master vampire. He was able to use the clothesline and then suddenly couldn't after returning home from visiting another lot. If I cured him he was able to use it again, so it does seem to be a vampire issue. Thankfully I didn't have to start a new save again as I found that moving his household to another lot and then moving them back into their home again through manage households seemed to fix it. I also placed a copy of their home over the original before moving them back in, but this might not have been necessary. Hopefully this will work for you too.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes, since I posted that thread I have had the same issue with my grand master vampire. He was able to use the clothesline and then suddenly couldn't after returning home from visiting another lot. If I cured him he was able to use it again, so it does seem to be a vampire issue. Thankfully I didn't have to start a new save again as I found that moving his household to another lot and then moving them back into their home again through manage households seemed to fix it. I also placed a copy of their home over the original before moving them back in, but this might not have been necessary. Hopefully this will work for you too.

I'll give that a try thanks!

Edit: OMG! Thank you so much! I evicted them, then moved them back in, and sure enough she's hanging up her laundry right now. Not an ideal work around, but until (if ever) they fix it, it works.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I'll give that a try thanks!

Edit: OMG! Thank you so much! I evicted them, then moved them back in, and sure enough she's hanging up her laundry right now. Not an ideal work around, but until (if ever) they fix it, it works.

That's great! I'm happy I was able to help. :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    okay but master vampires just sometimes be snobby like that

they are not used to this life of no servants
    me? a master of this castle? doing laundry? unforgivable.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free