Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs with Realm of magic???

Comments

• Options
    FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    There are so many bugs....

So many..
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Don't know if it's a bug or intended, but female sims cannot wear leggins with the new leather top. I mean, you can put leggins on them, they just won't be visible as long as that top is also equipped. Strangely, it does work for males. (... Yes, I'm using that outfit for males too, now stop looking at me like that!)
  • Options
    StarshineLCBStarshineLCB Posts: 2 New Member
    The potion of emotional stability gets rid of a pregnancy
  • Options
    kmalleekmallee Posts: 1 New Member
    My Spellcaster was completely maxed out with perks, traits, and had learned all of the spells etc etc. But now, I've noticed my progress bar is stuck and my sim's level keeps going back down to adept and then back to virtuoso. I can't open her spell book or perks anymore. I click it in the menu and nothing happens. I'm so frustrated. The same thing happens when i try to open other spellcaster's spell books. Any tips?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Is the magic idle animation that happens every two seconds a bug? It is so annoying and makes it really hard to see small changes like jewelry and makeup.

In CAS once only so far, when I would click the pre-made outfits, it would come up with a different category than I was in. For example, if I click formal and formal comes up, then click the pre-made outfits, it will be from swimming or party, not formal. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • Options
    patentpinkpatentpink Posts: 72 Member
    The bug I’m getting is that Glimmerbrook is not showing up . When I go to the town, it’s cloudy and I can’t get out of the “town “ unless I exit to the main menu or out of the game. It’s really annoying, I wasted $20.
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Sometimes bugs can be not that bad :) My magical clone somehow became "permanent", a "real" sim. I've invited this sim to the family and changed her appearance a bit so she wouldn't look completely like the original. And you know what? Maybe she is even better than original :D
    CoWmOm9.jpg

P.S. Original is human-alien hybrid, if anyone interested. "Natural", I wasn't involved in her creation.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited September 2019
    patentpink wrote: »
    The bug I’m getting is that Glimmerbrook is not showing up . When I go to the town, it’s cloudy and I can’t get out of the “town “ unless I exit to the main menu or out of the game. It’s really annoying, I wasted $20.

I do not know the name of the mod but I recall someone indicating on these forums a mod was the cause of this. Sorry I cannot help more. If I find that thread again I will link it just in case you do use mods.
  • Options
    NerelithNerelith Posts: 13 New Member
    I've cast Duplicato, and My duplicates remain in the game under different last names,... No longer fulfilling their role as cleaning person/cook,... but they are in my friend list,... so far I used it twice,... so now there are two clones of my character in game. Is this Intentional? Need I be concerned that if I keep using the spell, One day my entire relationship list will be nothing but... me? Kinda Like Ultron I guess :P
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Not sure if this is bug or not but Curse of Repulsiveness don't stay more than 3 sim hours. (i hope it's just a bug since i want that curse stay like other curses) ehh... The best thing in this pack for me and wanted to play whit that curse..
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    heckyoudinklebagheckyoudinklebag Posts: 1 New Member
    I noticed that if you have a wand, everyone else has the same wand as you. Kind of annoying if you want everyone to be different :/ (Although it may be that I always have my wand set as my favorite wand. I'll test it out and see if that has anything to do with it). Overall, this is a very small bug.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    My sims are getting stuck in rooms. They can get in no problem but then they can't get out. If I go into build mode, pick up and reset the door they can then leave.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2019
    This is not pack specific, but it seems ROM broke most of the whim system. A lot of whims can no longer be fulfilled, esp.

- cooking whims
    - whims to enhance a skill
    - most whims that involve a task to be completed (not just started)
    - travel whims (they only get acknowledged if you restart the game after travelling)

Has anyone noticed this as well? I have tested without mods, but the problem persists.

I know that whims have been disabled by default a while ago but that's no excuse for further breaking the existing whim system. Bad enough they haven't added any new whims since Stranger Ville.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    TiffanyRazorsTiffanyRazors Posts: 1 New Member
    Possibly a bug as well?
    One of my spellcasters aspirations is to duel with 3 other sims and win. I have dueled with 3 and won but it’s only registering 1 and will not show more even if I win with others. Kinda annoying since it’s the last thing on her aspiration list. Any ideas?
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    So this is hilarious, and apparently I just had a REALLY bad potion maker as my roommate never had the issue of making ‘poor’ level potions, but-

When you make poor level potions it ends up reading it like poor level mixology drinks and... puts the potion in a red solo cup.

Yeah.

So basically I got this red solo cup with kinda wonky animations that I can chug to fill my sims needs. 😂
  • Options
    bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    The sage of Practical Magic won't teach you spells no matter how much your sim befriends him.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    My sims are getting stuck in rooms. They can get in no problem but then they can't get out. If I go into build mode, pick up and reset the door they can then leave.

I had this issue before ROM but only in the Goth's house and only in the master bathroom.
  • Options
    cjc18cjc18 Posts: 1 New Member
    My CAS keeps crashing when I edit spellcasters...anyone else?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    cjc18 wrote: »
    My CAS keeps crashing when I edit spellcasters...anyone else?

That one is known. You have to wait for the spellcaster idle animation to end. If you exit during the animation, it will crash.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Possibly a bug as well?
    One of my spellcasters aspirations is to duel with 3 other sims and win. I have dueled with 3 and won but it’s only registering 1 and will not show more even if I win with others. Kinda annoying since it’s the last thing on her aspiration list. Any ideas?

i only ever won once while pursueing this aspiration :p so i have no clue… the ai cheats too much i guess but i have encountered this in another save as well where i won a tough 2nd win and it didn't register either. just use the complete current milestone cheat to finish that part if it is bugged

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'd love to tell you if I have the duel bug too, but I can't because my witch always loses, even against the most pathetic noobs that just entered the realm of magic for the first time ever. I get like three blows in and nothing happens, then the enemy gets one blow in and I'm immediately defeated! That can't be right either.
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited September 2019
    Bugs that I have ran into since Realm of Magic:

1. Sages are replaced by randomly generated Sims. A fix is to go into Manage Households and delete that Sim and the prior sage will return to their duty. This is rather annoying and needs to be fixed.
    2. Sages take over an NPC job, like a bartender and is stuck wearing that uniform. No known fix.
    3. Game crashes.
    4. Dueling is glitched. There needs to be a power system, where one Sim is stronger than another based on training and not random luck.
    5. Sims just walk away from practicing magic and experimenting with potions :/

I wish there were more special effects when Sims practice magic and experiment with potions. Also, no Bonehilda? :(
    Post edited by EzeliaStarpuff on
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited September 2019
    4. Dueling is glitched. There needs to be a power system, where one Sim is stronger than another based on training and not random luck.

make that "random luck extremely favored towards the ai controlled sims" and i'll agree to it. because even ai controlled newbies win an awful lot of times vs my virtuoso WITH the master duellist perk!

and to be honest: an awful lot in this game is dictated by the RNG which is a poor choice if you ask me. at least in TS 3 there were hidden skills for a lot of stuff which gave you an actual incentive to practice to win which was a very well thought of mechanic. in TS 4 however there is soimply no point.... apart from bowling someone with 0 % practice can beat someone who for example has practiced magic duels or darts 8 hours a day for ages with ease. all just RNG based fluff with zero point to it. and magic duels is not the only activity where the ai is favoring itself over and over making winning almost impossible.

i DO give ROM credit for one thing tho!: at least it doesn't generate more crappy random generated trash and just uses existing premades to become spellcasters!! so that's a plus because i am so fed up with the excessive amounts of random garbage sims flooding every single game i make and 99% of them make me regret eating that tasty sandwich before i started the game -.-
  • Options
    The_Mr3The_Mr3 Posts: 1 New Member
    My game is crashing when I try to make a witch and starts a new game
  • Options
    Today I found that when the brown RoM island counter is dirty, it seems to switch to the black swatch counter. And when I clean it, it goes back to the brown swatch.

Dirty:
    vffHtRt.png

Clean:
    kq0Loc1.png

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top