November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here
November 8 - Click here for this week's Friday Highlight!

Can Men Get Clothes, Please?

«13
thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 169 Member
Please?

Can male sims get like, clothing? Any CAS assets at all?

Long hair? Short hair? New accessories? A Nice Blazer? Something? Anything?

Why is it that every time a new pack comes out, men get... next to nothing?

Or just like, a tshirt?

Can we get like, new shoes? A nice shirt with suspenders?

Clothing with COLOR?

Do the men on the sims team just... not wear clothes??

Please can the men get anything? A pack specifically for menswear?

Can I get a waffle? Can I please get a waffle??


---

ETA:

06-london-mens-fw17-day-41.jpg
9e756f2919a42e9321ef13496659fd30.jpg
170106_LCMFW17_DR07-5732.jpg
170107_LCMFW17_DR07-6795.jpg
11-london-ss-2017-dan.jpg
Milano-m-str-S19-169-1200x800.jpg
GettyImages-1155308765.jpg?resize=925%2C540&ssl=1
tumblr_ntmzo4hXaD1rnvjz6o1_400.jpg
80eb2c7bbac15715d8f44607e1d0b4b5.jpg
419A0062-800x534.jpg
paris-m-str-rf19-2457.jpg
Post edited by thecatsred on

Comments

  • gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    agreed
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,695 Member
    edited September 9
    There definitely needs to be more men's clothing. But honestly with most packs we get better options than in TS3 which is my fave. I use cc as well but not as much because thankfully there's a lot more choices.

    What packs do you have? Some of male items I think from Cool Kitchen are base game maybe it's another pack, not sure.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 169 Member
    edited September 9
    I have all the packs except the My First Scam Pets Stuff, so I have.... all the men's CAS stuff.

    I have a lot more male sims than female sims by nature of my playstyle, and... everyone ends up looking the same no matter how hard I try.

    I can only do Tshirt and jeans and tennis shoes so much before I lose my mind.


    I have CC for men but most of it ends up being colorful add-ons for in-game meshes. Men's fashion can be so fun but the team just. Ignores it.

    And we still don't have proper long hair for men, either. Everything ends at the shoulders or before...

    I just want long, wavy hair, long dreads, maybe some more masculine updos for working out or swimming? We just have some ugly buns right now D:

    And a lot of the female hair still clips weirdly with men.

    --

    ETA: some hair + beards...

    long-mens-cornrow-braids-dreads.jpg
    black-men-long-hair-1.jpg
    Top-Knot-Barber-Hairstyle-for-Black-Men.jpg
    men-with-long-black-hair1.jpg
    men-hairstlyles.jpg
    20-mens-ponytail-for-thin-dreadlocks.jpg
    long-curly-ponytail-long-hairstyles-for-black-men.jpg
    jumbo-dreads-long-hairstyles-for-black-men-1.jpg
    black-male-with-medium-and-short-beard-style.jpg
    dreads-with-medium-beard-styles-for-black-men.jpg
    large-beard-style-designs-for-black-men.jpg
    black-full-beard-styles-for-black-men.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited September 9
    I’m actually fairly satisfied with the CAS assets for men. I was just thinking this the other day.

    The only part I DON’T like are the jeans! They look so bad to me. I have downloaded a lot of CC jeans for men. I’ve been thinking about removing some other CC items and just keeping the jeans... and maybe the CC shoes too.

    I think they’ve done a good job on the hair and shirts in particular.
    Origin & Gallery : ChazzzyGOAT | Simblr : ChazzzyGOAT
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 297 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    Can we get like, new shoes? A nice shirt with suspenders?

    No words would adequately describe how much I like this style.
    DJsVk3j.png
    Simming since 2000
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 169 Member
    edited September 11
    No words would adequately describe how much I like this style.

    I have these CC items:

    [ Removed as image contains swearing ~Rtas ]
    54c7ef46892bf67711f86944c3ce5c14-gnd.jpg
    34edbb5cd7fbd2aa1530f866a57597e2.png


    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,695 Member
    @thecatsred

    Aww okay. You say you only dress them in t-shirt and jeans. Have you tried a nice blazer with jeans and sneakers or a button down? I have as many males as females now so I understand the struggle. But I have been able to put together some really nice game clothing only looks for them.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,695 Member
    Yeah Darte is bom*b I have all of his content.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 169 Member
    @Chazzzy

    I WILL admit we have WAY MORE variety in Sims 4 than we ever did in previous entries. We have outfits drawn from all sorts of cultures with fun shapes and patterns.

    But the issue is, and which is compounded each time a new pack comes out - men don't get as much CAS stuff compared to women.

    The women's clothes each pack is very unique, colorful, fun, wild, matches the pack, etc.

    The men, IF they get clothes, get like, a shirt with a pattern on it, and maybe some joggers? Or something very specific to the pack, like in Get Famous - a lot of these items they got were costumes, whereas the women got a lot of usable outfits for everyday things.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 4,459 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    @Chazzzy

    I WILL admit we have WAY MORE variety in Sims 4 than we ever did in previous entries. We have outfits drawn from all sorts of cultures with fun shapes and patterns.

    But the issue is, and which is compounded each time a new pack comes out - men don't get as much CAS stuff compared to women.

    The women's clothes each pack is very unique, colorful, fun, wild, matches the pack, etc.

    The men, IF they get clothes, get like, a shirt with a pattern on it, and maybe some joggers? Or something very specific to the pack, like in Get Famous - a lot of these items they got were costumes, whereas the women got a lot of usable outfits for everyday things.

    Ok I can agree with this.
    Origin & Gallery : ChazzzyGOAT | Simblr : ChazzzyGOAT
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 169 Member
    @lasummerb

    Yes, I will dress then in accordance to their personalities - so some guys are wandering around dressed to the nines, while others look like they maybe rolled out of bed like, two days ago.

    My main issue comes with giving each guy more than one or two outfits in everyday. If the sim isn't someone very specific (ie, a gym rat, a giant nerd, a cowboy) then 'normal' style everyday outfits all blend together lol
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 169 Member
    @Chazzzy

    Like 2 or 3 less tops in a gamepack might not feel like much at the time, but once you get 5 packs in, and realize the disparity has slowly grown to women having 35 tops and men only having like, 19? Yeah, it feels like the poor guys are being forgotten. Especially since a lot of their more generic, less pack-specific clothing ends up with similar colors - muted red and blue, grey, black, white, occasionally green...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 18,197 Member
    I'm so tired of Maxis ignoring the male sims in every pack and update...it's getting really tiresome.... beards have been put on hold since the Caribbean update. I'm just tired of it.
    vvT0gUf.jpg?1
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 169 Member
    edited September 9
    @Sigzy05

    BEARDS

    I am honestly struggling to get beards for all my bearded sims. NOBODY really makes MM beards to begin with, so CC is pretty much right out, I have the few good CC beards that have been in existence since 4 years ago, and EA doesn't seem to give us anymore beards, ever!

    There are so many cool beard options that nobody is making!!
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,695 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    @lasummerb

    Yes, I will dress then in accordance to their personalities - so some guys are wandering around dressed to the nines, while others look like they maybe rolled out of bed like, two days ago.

    My main issue comes with giving each guy more than one or two outfits in everyday. If the sim isn't someone very specific (ie, a gym rat, a giant nerd, a cowboy) then 'normal' style everyday outfits all blend together lol

    I hear you. Some of my guys are more urban or just regular joes.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,695 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    @Sigzy05

    BEARDS

    I am honestly struggling to get beards for all my bearded sims. NOBODY really makes MM beards to begin with, so CC is pretty much right out, I have the few good CC beards that have been in existence since 4 years ago, and EA doesn't seem to give us anymore beards, ever!

    There are so many cool beard options that nobody is making!!

    Same I have so many beards. I even made some base game accessory beards nearly two years ago. I often pair those with 5he regular cc beards.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,695 Member
    @thecatsred

    Have you checked out bls Sims beards or ebonix?
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 169 Member
    edited September 9
    @lasummerb

    I love the look of their beards in the shape, but they end up too alpha and clash with everything else, or they only come in stark black, which doesn't match the grey-black of the game hair. Both also tend to hide everything behind adfly, which I do not DL from creators who do that on principal. I would much rather they leave some sort of open tip jar, so that I might thank them that way, than them trying to force me to get viruses on my computer thru adfly so they can get a penny or two for my click.
  • FlpAmaralFlpAmaral Posts: 80 Member
    Honestly, I just want body hair and more beards :/ That would be game changer for me hehe
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 169 Member
    @FlpAmaral

    I just use Luumia's body hair - it's beautifully made and pretty much as maxis match as you can find, and he's even got different hair textures. He also regularly updates it, too.

    Beards tho... god we desperately need more beards...
  • FlpAmaralFlpAmaral Posts: 80 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    @FlpAmaral

    I just use Luumia's body hair - it's beautifully made and pretty much as maxis match as you can find, and he's even got different hair textures. He also regularly updates it, too.

    Beards tho... god we desperately need more beards...

    I know, I use it too hehe I just want it officially :P
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 286 Member
    edited September 9
    Clothing is a reason why I dont play male sims as much. Every pack we get masculine sims are lucky to get like a shirt and new hair, while for feminine sims is literally a new boutique of outfits. I'm a bit disappointed (but not surprised) that with RoM masculine clothing is weak. And speaking as a black simmer, those afro-hair styles are giving me SO MUCH LIFE right now. I'd love to have those in game without resorting to cc. I really dont want to have a cc heavy game. :/
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Yes please! Male sims definitely need more love and attention. I tend to play mostly male sims so I am always hoping to see more CAS options and styles for them. Just some more suits and polo/Henley shirts without the top bottoms undone would be nice at least. Also more hair, including beards and sideburns.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 425 Member
    Lol this is the reason I can't play without cc. They are severely neglected. It's a shame it's not already in the game but I found a lot of nice men clothes and hair in cc. But even then girls have sooooooo many more options for some reason.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,327 Member
    They also need more hairstyles, it's really lacking. They often have the same style or cc because of the lack of clothing and items.

    I am happy that Realm of Magic is adding a bit more clothing, boots and jewelry like those rings will help my goth sims; but still not enough.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top