Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies in the Magic Realm

I hope the NPCs in the Magic Realm look "magical", if that makes sense. I dont want the same mundane yet randomized outfit townies that appear in the other worlds. I hope to see Sims that look like fantasy characters walking around in magic shops. It would be cool to see some vampires hanging out there too

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Some townies seen in the livestream.
    9FrCagf.png
    vMtjsGY.png
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Some townies seen in the livestream.
    9FrCagf.png
    vMtjsGY.png

So I guess not then, they all look like regular fashion-challenged Sims.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm actually looking forward to sending a stylist sim into the magic realm specifically to try and make some of these sims look more like the background characters in the first trailer
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have got so much sims medieval, dragon age and WoW. This whole town is getting a makeover :)
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I just hope they at least have better fashion senses then some of the other townies. We need a stylist career or something. They need help.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I just hope they at least have better fashion senses then some of the other townies. We need a stylist career or something. They need help.

But there is one ?? And you can already change townie outfits when you work in it ?
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Not the same, I mean you can start trends but can't change their hair and makeup and all that. I wanted a salon like in sims 3.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Not the same, I mean you can start trends but can't change their hair and makeup and all that. I wanted a salon like in sims 3.

Yes you can? You ask them to let you make them over....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    That's why I create my own custom sims, and Builds, I like having familiar faces to interact with than random premades and NPCs.
    And I know their fashion sense is going to be good because I chose their outfits myself for those particular moments.

I can tell I'm not going to be altering my sim's appearances too much the Clothing I've Acquired is More medieval, Baroque fashion which to me looks more "Magical" than what is given.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member

Yup you can. The stylist branch unlocks the interaction right away (at level 6) but even the trendsetter branch can make over townies eventually. It opens CAS so you can change everything.
    If you'd rather have townies come to you rather than hunting them in the wild, stylist branch, work from home, buy a retail store and put the salon chair from Get Famous in it.
    Set random beauty products for sale so you have clients visiting.

Alright sorry I'm stopping the off topic now.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @XxAirixX @happyopi on top of that, if you use the 'cas.fulleditmode' cheat before getting the stylist to make a sim over, you'll be able to adjust their muscle/fat sliders and such, just like having that cheat active in regular cas mode (which is great for handling townies). the only things you can't do with the stylist version of the window are changing the voice, age and traits. which i'm typically ok with in these cases