Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me! I ruined it!

Hello everyone! I was building a house on a hill in Widenburg, I made stairs in the house, I put a wall next to it and the pocket behind the stairs turned black. I tried deleting it, nothing. I tried getting rid of the whole wall and placing another wall black, nothing. I ruined the whole house just because I wanted to mess around with terrain manipulation. Please help me. It also turned my floor brown.

Pictures of it: https://prnt.sc/p2g5bz
https://prnt.sc/p2g5un

Comments

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    If you can save the house and place it on another lot, that might work if the issue is the terrain. See if that will let you to delete the stairs or wall.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    First, I would suggest you start with the "stepping stone" process....... being the room itself. It looks to me like you have a cut out in the space behind the stairs. Like the corner has to be put back.

Step 1.... remove the stairs and concentrate on fixing the room/walls first, without having to worry about the stairs problem.

Step 2.... then, work on getting the stairs placed where you want them.

Try that, and post a new pic to show how you made out so far.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited September 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    If you can save the house and place it on another lot, that might work if the issue is the terrain. See if that will let you to delete the stairs or wall.

If the issue is the terrain, she can use the leveling tool, or smooth tool to level/smooth the terrain under the house without moving it. Or, move that particular room to another area of the lot (or create another level in the house and toss it up there for now) while she works on fixing the ground that layed beneath it.

If that didn't work, then i'd try your idea next. Move the entire house to another lot and see if I can (a) fix the house there, and if yes, then (b) fix the lot I took it from so I can move it back without problems.
  • Options
    SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    It was resolved by doing a repair game. Thanks everyone! <3